Data Management Washington, DC. As technology evolves and the need to view and edit data from any device becomes less a need and more a requirement, firms large and small in Washington, DC are becoming cognizant of the need for a dedicated data management contractor. Whether limiting document liability, securing sensitive information, or future-proofing paper documents with advanced scanning technology, competent data management can make the difference between your Washington company being ready for the future and being left behind.
HITS has been a pace-setter in data management in Washington, DC for almost 30 years. We have gained a reputation for using cutting-edge technology to convert your data and ensure that confidential data stays private. Our cloud-based data management systems are the ideal solution for any size Washington business to permit their workers to access needed information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Washington, DC trust HITS to help meet their data management requirements for a reason. We provide affordable, proven solutions with a level of personal service that is unmatched. If you are thinking about reimagining your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to learn more about what HITS can do for your Washington, DC firm.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is how businesses acquire, generate, store, and utilize data in an effective and efficient manner. It utilizes different digital systems and policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, security, and accessibility of data throughout its lifecycle. The goal of data management is to allow data to prop up decision-making and make your business more productive and efficient, as well as to enhance workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Improve Your Data Management
Below are seven steps you can take to make your Washington, DC's company's data management more efficient:
- Clarify your data governance policies — Establish clear policies for how data is acquired and stored, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data and what types of data need to be retained.
- Choose the right data management system — Invest in data management technologies that include workflow automation, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is dependable. Different data management systems also save time and money and reduce difficulty in accessing documents by making information easier to retrieve.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that your employees will be able to manage and utilize the data easily.
- Improve data quality — Apply processes to ensure data does not degrade or become compromised, including data validation and checking for mistakes. Regularly reviewing and cleansing data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Foster data literacy — Urge employees to become more data literate, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed decisions. Offers resources to help employees understand the purpose of more organized data.
- Establish data security measures — Protect sensitive data from people who should not have access to it. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The modern business world is continuously changing. Regularly assess your data management processes and procedures to identify how you can improve.
At HITS, we have almost 30 years of experience helping Washington, DC organizations of all sizes, in a variety of industries, create effective data management systems.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Washington, DC Organization
The past years have only underlined the need for Washington companies of all sizes to implement a comprehensive data management plan that takes into account accessability, adaptability, and security. More Washington, DC workers are expecting that the ability to work from home will not only be encouraged but also built upon in the coming years. This means that they will need to access any document from any device, even if their home internet's privacy is not as secure as the standards at your main office.
Technology's unstoppable progression, and how your company plans to adapt to these changes, is also critical when devising a data management strategy. Software platforms that were cutting-edge even two or three years ago can become obsolete and abandoned before you know it. The growing use of cloud-based technologies brings along with it its own concerns: should our Washington, DC firm build our own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and expect that it stays supported for the near future? Also, when moving between software formats, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and guarantee full compatibility must also be emphasized.
Good data management must also take into account security and document liability. Older files deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data--or patient information, like fetal monitoring strips, that must be kept to meet industry standards--need to be properly digitized in order to allow access without loss of quality. Storing old physical data also opens up liability issues, as it is impossible to predict if fire or water damage can destroy files in storage. Acting now to preserve and digitize this data reduces both future liability and storage costs, permitting your Washington, DC firm to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Washington, DC Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has provided Washington, DC businesses large and small alike a complete array of data management solutions. Starting as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer cloud storage, remote work, and data migration solutions made for any size organization in Washington, DC.
The staff at HITS has dedicated itself through the years to always being on the cutting edge of data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you decide what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and save it for future access either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or your existing document management platform.
When searching for a system to enable a easy transition from the main office in Washington to the home office, pick HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our technology makes sure that data is made viewable from any computer, so your staff can be free to work from wherever they please, with no need to worry about security.
HITS also offers a full complement of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for preserving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also provide what other Washington, DC data management firms do not--personalized service that recognizes your needs and suggests the best data management products for your particular situation.
Other services we offer in Washington, DC include:
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
HITS has partnered with governments, corporations, and hospitals of all sizes in Washington, DC and is here to help you rethink how you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our crew and learn more about how HITS can help you meet your data management goals.