Data Management Richmond, VA. As technology evolves and the need to have access to data at any time becomes less a goal and more a necessity, firms of all sizes in Richmond, VA are recognizing the need for a trusted data management firm. Whether limiting document liability, securing sensitive information, or future-proofing paper documents with advanced scanning technology, proper data management can be the difference between your Richmond company being future-ready and being stuck in the past.
HITS has been a pace-setter in data management in Richmond, VA for over two and a half decades. We have built a reputation for using the latest technology to convert your data and ensure that top-secret data stays secure. Our cloud-based data management tools are the best solution for any size Richmond firm to permit their workers to access pertinent information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Richmond, VA partner with HITS to help reach their data management goals for a reason. We provide budget-friendly, proven solutions with a level of personal service that is unequaled. If you are thinking about reimagining your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to hear more about what HITS can do for your Richmond, VA organization.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is how businesses acquire, generate, store, and utilize data in a way that benefits their internal processes. It utilizes technologies and policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, security, and accessibility of data throughout its lifecycle. The aim of data management is to turn data into useful information that can aid in decision-making and drive business outcomes, as well as to enhance workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Make Your Data Management More Efficient
The following are seven steps you can take to make your Richmond, VA's company's data management more efficient:
- Define data governance policies — Establish direct policies for how data is acquired and stored, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data and what types of data need to be retained.
- Implement data management technologies — Acquire data management technologies that include workflow automation, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is dependable. Digital, cloud-based, and hybrid data management platforms also save time and money and reduce the risk of errors by making information easier to retrieve.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and consistently in the same format so that your employees will be able to manage and utilize the data easily.
- Improve data quality — Apply processes to monitor data quality, including data validation and checking for mistakes. Regularly monitoring data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Foster data literacy — Urge employees to become more data literate, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed choices. Provide resources to help employees understand data management concepts and technologies.
- Establish data security measures — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The world of IT and technology is continuously changing. Regularly assess your data management processes and procedures to identify areas for improvement.
At HITS, we have almost three decades of experience helping Richmond, VA businesses of all sizes, in a variety of industries, create effective data management procedures.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Richmond, VA Organization
The past years have only underlined the need for Richmond companies of all sizes to implement a comprehensive data management plan that considers accessability, adaptability, and security. More Richmond, VA workers are assuming that remote work will not only be encouraged but also built upon in the near future. This means that they will need to access any document from any device, even if their network is not as secure as the standards at your main building.
The inexorable march of progress, and how your company plans to adapt to changes in technology, is also important when devising a data management strategy. Software platforms that were industry-leading even two or three years ago can become obsolete and abandoned in just months. The growing use of cloud-based technologies brings along with it its own issues: should our Richmond, VA firm build our own digital ecosystem, or should we use off-the-shelf technology and pray that it stays supported for the near future? Also, when moving between software formats, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and insure full portability must also be critical.
Good data management must also emphasize security and document liability. Older materials deteriorate over time, which means that critical historical data--or patient information, such as fetal monitoring strips, that must be kept to meet best practices--need to be properly digitized in order to allow access without loss of quality. Keeping old physical data also opens up liability issues, as you never know if fire or water damage can destroy files in storage. Acting now to preserve and digitize archived data reduces both future liability and storage costs, allowing your Richmond, VA business to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Richmond, VA Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has offered Richmond, VA companies both large and small a wide selection of data management solutions. Starting as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer remote work, data migration, and cloud storage solutions made for any size company in Richmond, VA.
The team at HITS has dedicated ourselves through the years to always being the leaders in data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you determine what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and archive it for future use either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or an existing document management platform.
When in the market for a system to enable a smooth transition from the main office in Richmond to the home office, choose HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our technology ensures that data is made accessible from any platform, so your staff can be free to work from wherever they please, with no security concerns.
HITS also offers a full complement of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for preserving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also offer what other Richmond, VA data management firms can't--personalized service that hears your needs and proposes the best data management services for your unique situation.
Other services we offer in Richmond, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
HITS has partnered with corporations, hospitals, and governments of all sizes in Richmond, VA and is ready to help you rethink how you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our crew and learn more about how HITS can help you meet your data management goals.