Government Records Management
Government Records Management is essential for civic and federal organizations. As a premier document scanning and conversion service built to adapt to government agencies, HITS' custom-built document tracking, destruction, and cataloging is designed to match and exceed your needs. You can call us now at 888-455-4484 for more information about how we can help.
Regulatory Record Management & Destruction
HITS offers a range of services for government insitutions that need to handle record management. This includes:
- IMs & Other Online Records
- Maps & Photos
- Architectural Drawings
- Contracts & NDAs
We work with various government agencies on multiple levels. Since 1994, HITS has offered a number of services for document scanning, data destruction, health monitoring, and other organizational systems that improve efficiency and security.
Government records management encompasses the lifecycle of government document security and storage. This includes the creation, maintenance, use, and disposition of any sort of record.
What is Government Record Managment?
You don't want your documents to stack up. With services similar to STR8VIEW®, we help government agencies with blueprints, data migration, and data destruction. Below are a few key points about federal records managment:
- Regulatory Compliance: Government agencies (federal, municipal, and even industries in the private sector) are often subject to regulations and laws that dictate how records and documents need to be managed. FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) is another consideration to keep in mind.
- Document Lifecycle Management: Documents are created, classified, stored, can be retrieved, and eventually disposed, destroyed, or archived. It's important for government agencies to handle documents to ensure accountability, transparency, and compliance.
- Classification & Organization: Two major components for government record management are how information is identified, classified, and organized. The "classification" involves identifying how different documents fall into certain categories that may include levels of confidentiality, access restrictions, and retention schedules.
- Cloud Migration: Cloud migration and going paperless are major components to an organization's efficiency, security, and even their carbon footprint. This applies to government entities, healthcare systems, education, hospitality, and financial institutions that rely on data retreival and organization.
- Recording Keeping & Archives: Different software and file management systems are essential for recalling information upon request. This can include version control, digital metadata, and allowing streamlined audits. This is highly important for legal reasons--your records should be organized and able to be located in a timely manner.
- Record Destruction: Secure data destruction is important when you transition to digital formats or are in the process of minimizing storage space.
- Training & Awareness: Government employees are frequently involved with creating, managing, and sorting documents and files. It's important for federal and munipal employees to be aware of relevant laws, policies, and procedures.
- Collaboration: Agencies often run into situations where they need to share sensitive, valuable information. Having a cohesive system helps federal agenecies with efficiency, security, and ease-of-access for those with clearance and property authority.
Contact HITS today to learn more about our capabilities and government record management.
Government Document Scanning & Record Management
There are several services we offer at HITS. This includes the following and more:
- Document Scanning/Imaging
- Document Conversion
- Data Migration
- Document Destruction
- Document Storage Removal
- Microfiche Conversion
- Data Processing
- Microfilm Conversion
- Large Format Conversion
Our clients can expect a range of services regarding records management, such as:
- 24/7 Robust Security
- 8-Step Audit Trail Production Process
- Document Storage Removal Solutions
- HITS Kits Secure Shipping Platform
- Proven Cutting-Edge Software
- Industry Leader
- Highly Trained Diverse Staff
- 24 Years Industry Experience
- Search and Find Application
- Project Cost Containment
We follow CISPE, EU Model Clauses, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, HITECH, IRS 1075, ITAR, VPAT/Section 508, EU-Data Protection, Ethical Hack, Safe Harbor, Encryption in Transit, Encryption at Rest, Cloud Security Alliance, Binding Corporate Rules, and other federal regulations.
HITS' DocuMiner® is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure that is FedRAMP Moderate certified.
Government Document & Records Management
Document scanning, security, and destruction is incredibly important for government agencies. Our team at HITS understand how important confidentiality and regulatory compliance are for agencies--don't hesitate to contact us today to learn more about our capabilities and services.
Record creation is the beginning of a long-term relationship with documents and data. This includes storage and accessibility, managing your metadata, keeping to schedule for operational reporting, and having a call system in place for record retrieval or--in some cases--destruction. HITS has solutions to any data problem you might have. Contact us now for more information.