Data Management Arlington, VA. As technology improves and the need to have access to data at any time becomes less a priority and more a requirement, firms regardless of size in Arlington, VA are making themselves aware of the need for a dedicated data management contractor. Whether keeping proprietary data secure for years to come, preserving paper documents for future access, or cutting document storage costs while limiting liabilty, strong data management can potentially be the difference between your Arlington company being prepared for what comes next and being left behind.
HITS has been a leader in data management in Arlington, VA for almost three decades. We have gained a reputation for using innovative technology to optimize your data and ensure that proprietary data stays secure. Our cloud-based data management tools are the ideal solution for any size Arlington firm to permit their workers to access pertinent information from any device at any time.
Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike in Arlington, VA work with HITS to help realize their data management requirements for a reason. We provide affordable, trusted solutions with a level of personal service that is unequaled. If you are thinking about reimagining your data management, call us today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online to find out more about what HITS can do for your Arlington, VA business.
What Is Data Management?
Data management is how firms acquire, generate, store, and utilize data in a way that benefits their internal operations. It utilizes different digital systems and policies to ensure data is properly protected and easily accessed throughout its lifecycle. The aim of data management is to turn data into useful information that can aid in decision-making and make your business more productive and efficient, as well as to increase workflow efficiency.
7 Steps to Improve Your Data Management
The following are seven steps you can take to improve your Arlington, VA organization's data management:
- Create data governance policies — Set up direct policies for managing data, including who is responsible for generating or collecting the data and what types of data need to be retained.
- Apply data management technologies — Acquire data management technologies that include workflow automation, storage, and analysis. This can help ensure that data is accurate. Digital, cloud-based, and hybrid data management systems also make you more time- and cost-efficient and reduce the risk of errors by making information easier to locate.
- Organize and standardize data — Make sure data is organized and formatted consistently so that your internal processes can run smoothly.
- Improve data quality — Apply processes to ensure data does not degrade or become compromised, including data validation and checking for mistakes. Regularly monitoring data can ensure it's not corrupted or inaccurate.
- Cultivate data literacy — Persuade employees to improve their data literacy, so they understand how to use data effectively to make informed choices. Offers training to help employees understand data management concepts and technologies.
- Establish data security protocols — Reduce your liability. This may include implementing security measures such as firewalls, encryption, and access controls.
- Continuously evaluate and improve — The world of IT and technology is always changing. Regularly assess your data management processes and procedures to identify how you can improve.
At HITS, we have over two and a half decades of experience helping Arlington, VA businesses of all sizes, in a wide range fields, maintain effective data management systems.
The Importance Of Data Management For Your Arlington, VA Organization
The last few years have only emphasized the need for Arlington companies of all sizes to put into place a complete data management plan that considers security, accessibility, and adaptability. More Arlington, VA employees are confident that the ability to work from home will not only be permitted but also built upon in the next few years. This means that they must be able to access any piece of information from any device, even if their network is not as secure as the network at your main facility.
The inexorable march of progress, and how your firm plans to adapt to new technology, is also important when devising a data management strategy. Software platforms that were cutting-edge even two or three years ago can become outdated and unsupported practically overnight. The emerging use of cloud-based technologies brings along with it its own issues: should our Arlington, VA firm create our own digital ecosystem, or should we use third-party technology and pray that it stays supported throughout its lifecycle? Also, when moving between software formats, the ability to maintain the quality of historical data and insure full integration must also be emphasized.
Good data management must also emphasize security and document liability. Physical documents deteriorate over time, which means that important historical data--or patient information, like fetal monitoring strips, that must be retained to meet best practices--must be properly digitized in order to allow access without loss of quality. Storing old physical data also brings up liability issues, as one cannot predict if fire or water damage can ravage files in storage. Acting urgently to preserve and digitize historical data reduces both future liability and storage costs, letting your Arlington, VA business to focus on your core competencies.
Choose A Trusted Arlington, VA Data Management Partner
For more than 25 years, HITS has offered Arlington, VA businesses of all sizes a wide selection of data management solutions. From our beginnings as a document scanning company, we have expanded to offer data migration, cloud storage, and remote work solutions suitable for any size business in Arlington, VA.
The staff at HITS has dedicated ourselves throughout company history to always being ahead of the curve in data management technology. Our patent-pending DocuMiner® application lets you choose what data you need, and what you don't. We analyze what you want to keep in real-time, scan it, and preserve it for future access either in our proven STR8VIEW® application or your existing document management platform.
When looking for a system to enable a easy transition from the main office in Arlington to the home office, consider HITS' Paperless To Go service. Our software guarantees that data is made available from any computer, so your employees can be free to work from anywhere they want, with no need to worry about security.
HITS also offers a full array of other data management services, like plain-paper scanning, large-format scanning perfect for archiving documents such as blueprints, and secure data destruction. We also provide what other Arlington, VA data management firms cannot--personalized service that hears your needs and suggests the right data management solutions for your particular situation.
Other services we offer in Arlington, VA include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
HITS has collaborated with governments, corporations, and hospitals of all sizes in Arlington, VA and is eager to help you rethink the way you look at your data management. Call us today at 888-455-4484, or contact us online to speak with a member of our crew and learn more about how HITS can help you meet your data management goals.