Medical Records Management in Kansas City, KS
Medical records management in Kansas City, KS. An effective medical records management system is vital for any healthcare provider. It helps to streamline how your organization creates, stores, and retrieves important patient records. A good medical records management system will go a long way in improving the experience of your staff and patients. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or tell us about your needs through our website for a free quote.
What Is Efficient Medical Records Management in Kansas City, KS?
An efficient medical records management system allows healthcare providers to easily retrieve, create, alter, and store patient medical records and other documents in a secure and centralized location. The system includes features such as electronic intake forms, secure document sharing, and data analytics. It also provides a way to store, manage, and retrieve electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to ensure compliance with regulatory oversight.
Medical records have long life cycles. Traditionally, that meant seemingly endless rows of cabinets and piles of boxes, often at the cost of extra storage costs. However, more and more healthcare providers are seeing the benefits of cloud-based solutions as a way to save money and increase efficient, in addition to allowing providers to improve client experience.
HITS is dedicated to helping Kansas City, KS healthcare providers help their patients. With our proven records management, we empower your team to work quickly and simply. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's straightforward interface and unique tools, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Benefits of a Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Do away with outdated legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that conventionally allow for human error
- No more physical storage costs
- Higher quality management and viewing of imaging tests
- Eliminate the possibility of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Documents can be accessed quickly and concurrently
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
How HITS Helps With Medical Records Management in Kansas City, KS
HITS has created a variety of applications and strategies to help Kansas City, KS healthcare providers get rid of paper and streamline how they store and access records. Three we use most often include:
Data Migration With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a state-of-the-art tool that helps migrate your medical records from paper or on-premises storage in Kansas City, KS securely and efficiently. We achieve this in three simple steps:
- Sort — We evaluate your records in real time and provide you with a full manifest list. Then we divide them into two groups: those you need to hold on to, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents you no longer need to eliminate growing liability and make your medical records management system in Kansas City, KS more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll scan all of the records you need to keep and move them onto your preferred document management system so you will have easy, instant access no matter where you are.
Throughout the DocuMiner® process, we'll keep a close eye on the process to ensure all documents are successfully transferred.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There's no scarcity of paper scanning companies in the Kansas City, KS area. However, not all of them scan more complicated records like mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare provider knows, fetal monitoring strips can be hard to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Aggravating things is the difficulty of viewing a document that is several feet long, and the fact that the American Health Information Management Association says that healthcare providers should keep monitoring strips for a total of 28 years.
HITS noticed a void in the Kansas City, KS medical records management industry for scanning and efficiently storing these strips. For that reason, we created our monitoring strip scanning system. With our software, you won't be inconvenienced digging through old boxes. You'll stay HIPAA compliant while being able to effortlessly pinpoint and access monitoring strips throughout your specific retention policy. The strips can be placed in in a cloud or on-premises storage system.
We didn't stop working for the medical records management industry with scanning fetal monitoring strips, as many of our Kansas City, KS clients soon asked us if we could help them store other types of medical records on cloud. We developed our STR8VIEW® application so that healthcare providers could easily access other medical records in a secure, centralized location.
Almost all on-premises storage systems, even though they're far better than paper storage, still cause users to lose time and effort. We've designed our system alongside our Kansas City, KS clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it fits the industry's specific needs. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, is easily searchable and has migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking capacity
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Robust security and backup
- Optimization for continuous view
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Kansas City, KS | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of your patients. An effective medical records management system is key for any healthcare organization to keep up with the times. To talk more about your medical records management needs in Kansas City, KS, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.