Medical Records Management in Springfield, MO
Medical records management in Springfield, MO. An effective medical records management system is key for any medical office. It helps to streamline the process of managing patient medical records and other documents. A good medical records management system will make your and your staff's lives easier and improve patient experiences. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, speak to a hits representative today at 888-455-4484 or tell us about your needs through our website for a free quote.
Why Do I Need Effective Medical Records Management in Springfield, MO?
A successful medical records management system allows healthcare providers to easily access, create, update, and store patient medical records and other documents in a secure and centralized location. The system includes features such as digital new patient sheets, secure document storing, and other records such as blood sugar trackers. It also provides a way to store, manage, and retrieve electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used for billing, and to ensure compliance with regulatory oversight.
Medical records are subject to long retention periods. Conventionally, that meant seemingly endless rows of cabinets and mountains of boxes, often at the cost of extra storage costs. However, more and more healthcare providers are moving to cloud as a way to save time, money, and energy, in addition to providing a better service to their patients.
HITS is committed to helping Springfield, MO healthcare providers help their patients. With our time-tested data migration, we allow your staff to work more efficiently. We have worked directly with healthcare providers to deliver a system that works best for them. With our system's straightforward interface and one-of-a-kind tools, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Why You Should Switch to Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Get rid of out of date legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that traditionally could result in human error
- Save money and real estate compared to physical storage
- Higher quality management and viewing of imaging tests
- Eliminate the prospect of documents becoming lost or damaged
- Records can be accessed quickly, by different users
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
How HITS Provides Medical Records Management in Springfield, MO
HITS has developed numerous tools and strategies to help Springfield, MO healthcare organizations go paperless and move into the modern world. Three we use most often include:
Digital Transformation With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a patent-pending tool that permits us to migrate your medical records from physical storage in Springfield, MO securely and efficiently. We achieve this in three easy steps:
- Sort — We asses your records in real time and provide you with a full manifest list. Then we sort them into two groups: those you need to hold on to, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any records you no longer need to reduce liability and make your medical records management system in Springfield, MO more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll scan all of the documents you need to hold onto and move them onto your preferred document management system so you will have easy, instant access no matter where you are.
As we perform the scanning process, we'll keep a close eye on the process to ensure all documents are successfully migrated.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There's no scarcity of paper scanning businesses in the Springfield, MO area. However, not all of them scan more fragile documents like mirofilms or blueprints. As any medical office knows, fetal monitoring strips can be hard to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Aggravating things is their size makes it hard to read them continuously, and the fact that the American Health Information Management Association says that healthcare providers should keep monitoring strips for 10 years past the age of maturity.
HITS noticed that the difficulty of storing these strips had not yet been addressed in the Springfield, MO medical records management industry. That's why we created our monitoring strip scanning system. With our tools, you won't lose any more time trying to find faded strips in old boxes. You can maintain HIPAA compliance while being able to effortlessly locate and retrieve monitoring strips for as long as you need to maintain them. The strips can be placed in our STR8VIEW® system, or on any on-premises servers you currently use.
While we first started specifically working for the medical records management industry to help maintain fetal monitoring strips, many of our Springfield, MO clients afterwards asked us if we could help them store more documents on our applications. We designed our STR8VIEW® application so that healthcare offices could house their patients' entire history in a secure, centralized location.
Most on-premises storage systems, even though they're is preferable to paper storage, still stagger workflow and access when compared to cloud systems. We've worked with our Springfield, MO clients in the medical industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is completely HIPPAA-compliant, is easily searchable and has migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking capabilities
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Impeccable data protection and backup
- Optimization for continual viewing
- Access from any device
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Springfield, MO | HITS
As the medical world progresses, so do its needs, as well as the needs of your patients. A successful medical records management system is vital for any healthcare organization to continue to serve both their patients and their business well. If you are interested in moving your Springfield, MO medical records system to cloud, contact a HITS representative today at 888-455-4484 or get a free quote.