Medical Records Management in Bethesda, MD
Medical records management in Bethesda, MD. A successful medical records management system is essential for any healthcare provider. It helps to modernize how your organization creates, stores, and retrieves important patient records. A good medical records management system will make your and your staff's lives easier and improve patient experiences. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.
Why Do I Need Effective Medical Records Management in Bethesda, MD?
A successful medical records management system is designed to provide a secure and efficient way of managing medical records, in one location, for healthcare organizations. The system allows you to use digital new patient sheets, secure document sharing, and data analytics. It can be used to track patient visits, medications, lab results, and other types of information. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to help healthcare providers with compliance and reporting requirements.
Medical records must legally be retained for long periods of time. Traditionally, that meant yards of cabinets and piles of boxes, which no one likes having to fit in their budget. However, more and more healthcare providers are moving to cloud as a way to save money and increase efficient, in addition to allowing providers to improve client experience.
HITS is committed to helping Bethesda, MD healthcare providers help their patients. With our proven data migration, we permit your staff to work more efficiently. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's straightforward interface and proven applications, you'll have any record you want at the edge of your fingers in no time.
Why You Should Switch to Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Keep all records in a centralized location
- Get rid of obsolete legacy systems
- Easily maintain backups
- Increase security (as more than 9 out of 10 businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that conventionally could result in human error
- Save money and real estate compared to physical storage
- Send, receive, and view images better
- Eliminate the possibility of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Records can be accessed quickly and concurrently
- Unlimited scalability as your patient base grows
How HITS Helps With Medical Records Management in Bethesda, MD
HITS has created numerous tools and strategies to help Bethesda, MD healthcare providers go paperless and move into the modern world. Among them are:
Scanning Solutions With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a creative tool that helps convert your medical records from physical storage in Bethesda, MD while remaining HIPAA-compliant. Our process involves three easy steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we divide them into two categories: those you need to keep, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any records you no longer need to reduce liability and not bog down your new records management system in Bethesda, MD.
- Scan — Finally, we'll scan all of the documents you need to keep into your preferred file type and document management system.
Throughout the scanning process, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure no files are damaged or lost.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There are a lot of paper scanning companies in the Bethesda, MD area. However, most of them cannot scan more complicated records such as mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare office knows, fetal monitoring strips are almost impossible to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Compounding that is their size makes it hard to read them continuously, and the fact that the American Health Information Management Association recommends holding onto monitoring strips for 10 years past the age of maturity.
HITS noticed a vacuum in the Bethesda, MD medical records management industry for scanning and efficiently storing these strips. For that reason, we developed our monitoring strip scanning system. With HITS, you won't lose any more time trying to find faded strips in old boxes. You can maintain HIPAA compliance while being able to easily find and retrieve monitoring strips for as long as you need to hold onto them. The strips can be stored in in a cloud or on-premises storage system.
We didn't stop working for the medical records management industry with scanning fetal monitoring strips, as many of our Bethesda, MD clients quickly asked us if we could help them store more documents on our applications. We developed our STR8VIEW® application so that healthcare providers could maintain other medical records in one place securely.
Most hybrid storage systems, even though they're is preferable to paper storage, still cause users to be less efficient. We've worked with our Bethesda, MD clients in the medical industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is completely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Friendly interface
- Download and print ability
- Audit tracking capabilities
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Impeccable security and backup
- Optimization for continual viewing
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Bethesda, MD | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of your patients. An efficient medical records management system is key for any healthcare office to keep up with the times. To talk more about your medical records management needs in Bethesda, MD, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.