Medical Records Management in Herndon, VA
Medical records management in Herndon, VA. An efficient medical records management system is key for any medical office. It helps to modernize how your organization creates, stores, and retrieves important patient records. A good medical records management system will make your and your staff's lives easier and improve patient experiences. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us through our website for a free quote.
Why Do I Need Efficient Medical Records Management in Herndon, VA?
An effective medical records management system is designed to provide a secure and efficient way of managing medical records, in a centralized location, for healthcare organizations. The system allows you to use digital forms, secure document sharing, and other records such as blood sugar trackers. It can be used to track patient visits, medications, test results, and other types of records. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to help healthcare providers with compliance and reporting requirements.
Medical records are subject to long retention periods. Traditionally, that meant a plethora of cabinets, folders, closets, and boxes, often at the cost of extra storage costs. However, increasingly more healthcare providers are moving to cloud as a way to save money and increase efficient, in addition to allowing providers to improve client experience.
HITS is dedicated to helping Herndon, VA healthcare providers get rid of unmanageable paper. With our time-tested records management, we permit your team to work more efficiently. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's easy-to-use user interface and proven tools, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Benefits of a Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Eliminate out of date legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that traditionally could result in human error
- Save money and space compared to physical storage
- Send, receive, and view imaging tests better
- Eliminate the possibility of documents becoming lost or damaged
- Records can be retrieved quickly and concurrently
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
HITS' Medical Records Management Technologies in Herndon, VA
HITS has developed numerous applications and procedures to help Herndon, VA healthcare offices get rid of paper and streamline how they store and access records. Three we use most often include:
Digital Transformation With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a creative tool that allows us to migrate your medical records from analog storage in Herndon, VA securely and efficiently. We achieve this in three basic steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we divide them into two groups: those you need to hold on to, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents that have already met your retention policy to reduce liability and make your medical records management system in Herndon, VA more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll scan all of the documents you need to hold onto into your preferred file type and document management system.
Throughout the migration process, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure all records are successfully transferred.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There's no scarcity of paper scanning businesses in the Herndon, VA area. However, most of them cannot scan more fragile documents like mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare provider knows, fetal monitoring strips can be hard to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Compounding that is their size makes it hard to read them continuously, and the fact that the AHIMA recommends holding onto monitoring strips for 10 years past the age of maturity.
HITS perceived that the difficulty of maintaining these strips had not yet been dealt with in the Herndon, VA medical records management industry. That's why we created our monitoring strip scanning system. With our tools, you won't have to waste any productivity trying to find faded strips in old boxes. You'll stay HIPAA compliant while being able to effortlessly locate and read monitoring strips for as long as you need to keep them. The strips can be stored in in a cloud or on-premises storage system.
We didn't stop coming up with solutions for the medical records management industry with scanning fetal monitoring strips, as many of our Herndon, VA clients quickly asked us if we could help them store more documents on cloud. We invented our STR8VIEW® application so that medical offices could house their patients' entire history in one place securely.
Almost all hybrid storage systems, while far better than paper storage, still cause users to lose time and effort. We've designed our system alongside our Herndon, VA clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, is easily searchable and has migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- User-friendly interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking capabilities
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Impeccable data protection and backup
- Optimization for continual viewing
- Access from any device
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Herndon, VA | HITS
As the medical world progresses, so do its needs, as well as the needs of your patients. A successful medical records management system is key for any healthcare office to keep up with the times. To talk more about your medical records management needs in Herndon, VA, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.