Medical Records Management in Chicago, IL
Medical records management in Chicago, IL. A successful medical records management system is key for any healthcare organization. It seeks to streamline the process of managing patient medical records and other documents. A good medical records management system will make your and your staff's lives easier and improve patient experiences. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or tell us about your needs online for a free quote.
What Is Efficient Medical Records Management in Chicago, IL?
A successful medical records management system allows healthcare providers to easily access, create, update, and store patient medical records and other documents in a centralized location, while staying HIPAA-compliant. The system allows you to use digital intake forms, secure document sharing, and data analytics. It also provides a way to store, manage, and access electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to ensure compliance with regulatory oversight.
Medical records have long life cycles. Traditionally, that meant seemingly endless rows of cabinets and piles of boxes, which can cost a medical office quite a lot of money. However, more and more healthcare providers are moving to cloud as a way to save time, money, and energy, all while providing a better service to their patients.
HITS is dedicated to helping Chicago, IL healthcare providers get rid of unmanageable paper. With our dependable data migration, we empower your team to work quickly and simply. We have worked directly with healthcare providers to deliver a system that works best for them. With our system's practical interface and proven tools, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Benefits of a Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Get rid of old legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as more than 9 out of 10 businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that traditionally allow for human error
- Save money and real estate compared to physical storage
- Higher quality management and viewing of images
- Eliminate the probability of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Documents can be accessed quickly and concurrently
- Unlimited scalability as your practice grows
HITS' Medical Records Management Strategies in Chicago, IL
HITS has developed many different tools and methods to help Chicago, IL healthcare providers go paperless and streamline their processes. Among them are:
Data Migration With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a cutting-edge tool that helps migrate your medical records from paper or on-premises storage in Chicago, IL while remaining HIPAA-compliant. We achieve this in three basic steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we sort them into two groups: those you need to retain, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents that have already met your retention policy to eliminate growing liability and make your medical records management system in Chicago, IL more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll digitize all of the documents you need to hold onto into your preferred file type and document management system.
As we perform the migration procedure, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure all documents are successfully scanned.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There are numerous paper scanning businesses in the Chicago, IL area. However, it takes special expertise to be able to scan more fragile records like mirofilms or blueprints. As any medical office knows, fetal monitoring strips can be hard to digitize due to their size, paper type, and folds. Aggravating things is the difficulty of viewing a document that is several feet long, and the fact that the AHIMA says that healthcare providers should hold onto monitoring strips 10 years past a patient's 18th birthday.
HITS perceived a vacuum in the Chicago, IL medical records management industry for scanning and efficiently storing these strips. For that reason, we developed our monitoring strip scanning system. With our tools, you won't be inconvenienced trying to find faded strips in old boxes. You can maintain HIPAA compliance while being able to quickly find and access monitoring strips for as long as you need to maintain them. The strips can be stored in tour preferred records management system.
We didn't stop working for the medical records management industry with scanning fetal monitoring strips, as many of our Chicago, IL clients soon inquired if they could store more documents on our applications. We designed our STR8VIEW® tool so that healthcare providers could house other medical records in one place securely.
Almost all hybrid storage systems, while more efficient than paper storage, still cause users to lose time and effort. We've designed our system with help from our Chicago, IL clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking ability
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Robust data protection and backup
- Optimization for continuous view
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Chicago, IL | HITS
As the medical world changes, so do its needs, as well as the needs of those who seek care. An effective medical records management system is vital for any healthcare office to continue to serve both their patients and their business well. To talk more about your medical records management needs in Chicago, IL, speak to a HITS representative today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.