Medical Records Management in Arlington, VA
Medical records management in Arlington, VA. A successful medical records management system is vital for any healthcare organization. It helps to streamline how your organization creates, stores, and retrieves important patient records. A good medical records management system can save time and money, make it easier to retrieve and share information, and improve patient care. if you're interested in bringing your medical records management into the modern age, speak to a hits representative today at 888-455-4484 or contact us through our website for a free quote.
What Is Efficient Medical Records Management in Arlington, VA?
A successful medical records management system is designed to provide a secure and efficient way of managing medical records, in a centralized location, for healthcare organizations. The system allows you to use electronic new patient sheets, secure document sharing, and data analytics. It also provides a way to store, manage, and access electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to ensure compliance with regulatory oversight.
Medical records must legally be retained for long periods of time. Traditionally, that meant a plethora of cabinets, folders, closets, and boxes, which no one likes having to fit in their budget. However, increasingly more healthcare providers are seeing the benefits of cloud-based solutions as a way to save money and boost efficient, in addition to allowing providers to improve client experience.
HITS is dedicated to helping Arlington, VA healthcare providers get rid of cumbersome paper. With our time-tested data migration, we permit your team to work more efficiently. We have worked directly with our clients in the medical industry to deliver a system that works best for them. With our system's easy-to-use user interface and proprietary applications, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Benefits of a Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- House all records in a centralized location
- Eliminate outdated legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that conventionally allow for human error
- Save money and space compared to physical storage
- Send, receive, and view imaging tests better
- Eliminate the chance of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Records can be retrieved quickly, by different users
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
HITS' Medical Records Management Strategies in Arlington, VA
HITS has created many different applications and methods to help Arlington, VA medical offices get rid of paper and streamline their processes. Three we use most often include:
Scanning Solutions With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a state-of-the-art tool that allows us to transition your medical records from paper or on-premises storage in Arlington, VA while remaining HIPAA-compliant. We achieve this in three simple steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we divide them into two categories: those you need to keep, and those you no longer need.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any records you no longer need to reduce liability and not bog down your new records management system in Arlington, VA.
- Scan — Finally, we'll digitize all of the records you need to hold onto and move them onto your preferred document management system so you can view them anytime, anywhere.
Throughout the migration process, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure all records are successfully transferred.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There's no scarcity of paper scanning companies in the Arlington, VA area. However, it takes special expertise to be able to scan more fragile records such as mirofilms or blueprints. As any medical office knows, fetal monitoring strips are almost impossible to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Compounding that is their size makes it hard to read them continuously, and the fact that the AHIMA says that healthcare providers should keep monitoring strips for 10 years past the age of maturity.
HITS noticed that the difficulty of storing these strips had not yet been dealt with in the Arlington, VA medical records management industry. That's why we invented our monitoring strip scanning system. With our software, you won't lose any more time digging through old boxes. You'll stay HIPAA compliant while being able to simply find and access monitoring strips for as long as you need to keep them. The strips can be placed in tour preferred records management system.
We didn't stop working for the medical records management industry with scanning fetal monitoring strips, as many of our Arlington, VA clients quickly inquired if they could maintain other types of medical records on our software. We designed our STR8VIEW® application so that healthcare providers could easily access their patients' entire history in a secure, centralized location.
Most hybrid storage systems, while is preferable to paper storage, still stagger workflow and retrieval when compared to cloud systems. We've designed our system with help from our Arlington, VA clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print ability
- Audit tracking capacity
- Quick load and search display
- Access by multiple users at the same time
- Impeccable data protection and backup
- Optimization for continuous view
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Arlington, VA | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of your patients. An effective medical records management system is key for any healthcare office to keep up with the times. If you are interested in moving your Arlington, VA medical records system to cloud, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or request a free quote.