Medical Records Management in Clayton, MO
Medical records management in Clayton, MO. An effective medical records management system is key for any healthcare organization. It helps to streamline the process of managing patient medical records and other documents. A good medical records management system can save time and money, make it easier to retrieve and share information, and improve patient care. To learn more about the benefits of a cloud-based medical records management system, speak to a hits representative today at 888-455-4484 or contact us online for a free quote.
Why Do I Need Effective Medical Records Management in Clayton, MO?
An efficient medical records management system is designed to provide a secure and efficient way of managing medical records, in one location, for healthcare organizations. The system allows you to use electronic intake forms, secure document sharing, and other records such as blood sugar trackers. It also provides a way to store, manage, and retrieve electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used to view and manage billing records, and to help healthcare providers with compliance and reporting requirements.
Medical records have long life cycles. Traditionally, that meant a plethora of cabinets, folders, closets, and boxes, often at the cost of extra storage costs. However, more and more healthcare providers are seeing the benefits of cloud-based solutions as a way to save money and increase productivity, in addition to providing a better service to their patients.
HITS is committed to helping Clayton, MO healthcare providers help their patients. With our dependable records management, we permit your staff to work quickly and simply. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's practical interface and proven software, you'll have any record you want at the edge of your fingers in no time.
Why You Should Switch to Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Do away with out of date legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that traditionally allow for human error
- Save money and space compared to physical storage
- Higher quality management and viewing of imaging tests
- Eliminate the chance of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Documents can be accessed quickly and concurrently
- Unlimited scalability as your patient base grows
How HITS Helps With Medical Records Management in Clayton, MO
HITS has developed numerous applications and techniques to help Clayton, MO medical organizations get rid of paper and move into the modern world. Among them are:
Scanning Solutions With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is an innovative tool that helps transition your medical records from physical storage in Clayton, MO while remaining HIPAA-compliant. Our process involves three easy steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we divide them into two categories: those you need to hold on to, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents that have already met your retention policy to eliminate growing liability and not bog down your new records management system in Clayton, MO.
- Scan — Finally, we'll scan all of the records you need to hold onto and move them onto your preferred document management system so you will have easy, instant access no matter where you are.
Throughout the DocuMiner® process, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure no files are damaged or lost.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There are numerous paper scanning businesses in the Clayton, MO area. However, it takes special expertise to be able to scan more fragile records like mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare office knows, fetal monitoring strips are almost impossible to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Aggravating things is the difficulty of viewing a document that is several feet long, and the fact that the AHIMA recommends holding onto monitoring strips for a total of 28 years.
HITS noticed that the difficulty of storing these strips had not yet been addressed in the Clayton, MO medical records management industry. For that reason, we created our monitoring strip scanning system. With our software, you won't have to waste any productivity digging through old boxes. You'll stay HIPAA compliant while being able to effortlessly locate and view monitoring strips throughout your specific retention policy. The strips can be placed in our STR8VIEW® system, or on any on-premises servers you currently use.
While we first started specifically working for the medical records management industry to scan and store fetal monitoring strips, many of our Clayton, MO clients quickly inquired if they could store more documents on our applications. We developed our STR8VIEW® software so that healthcare offices could house their patients' entire history in one place securely.
Most on-premises storage systems, even though they're is preferable to paper storage, still cause users to be less efficient. We've worked with our Clayton, MO clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print capabilities
- Audit tracking capacity
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Robust security and backup
- Optimization for continual viewing
- Access from any device
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Clayton, MO | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of your patients. An efficient medical records management system is essential for any healthcare organization to keep up with the times. If you are interested in moving your Clayton, MO medical records system to cloud, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or get a free quote.