Medical Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
Medical records management in O’Fallon, MO. An effective medical records management system is vital for any healthcare organization. It seeks to modernize the process of managing patient medical records and other documents. A good medical records management system will go a long way in improving the experience of your staff and patients. if you're interested in bringing your medical records management into the digital age, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us through our website for a free quote.
Why Do I Need Efficient Medical Records Management in O’Fallon, MO?
A successful medical records management system allows healthcare providers to easily access, create, make changes to, and store patient medical records and other documents in a secure and centralized location. The system allows you to use digital new patient sheets, secure document sharing, and other records such as blood sugar trackers. It also provides a way to store, manage, and access electronic medical records (EMRs) quickly and efficiently. The system can also be used for billing, and to ensure compliance with regulatory oversight.
Medical records have long life cycles. Traditionally, that meant an excess of cabinets, folders, closets, and boxes, which can cost a medical office quite a lot of money. However, more and more healthcare providers are seeing the benefits of cloud-based solutions as a way to save money and boost productivity, all while allowing providers to improve client experience.
HITS is committed to helping O’Fallon, MO healthcare providers help their patients. With our time-tested records management, we allow your team to work quickly and simply. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's practical interface and proprietary software, the days of endlessly searching for records will be a thing of the past.
Why You Should Switch to Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Do away with obsolete legacy systems
- Easily maintain backups
- Increase security (as more than 9 out of 10 businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that conventionally could result in human error
- Save money and space compared to physical storage
- Send, receive, and view imaging tests better
- Eliminate the probability of documents becoming lost or damaged
- Documents can be retrieved quickly, by different users
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
How HITS Provides Medical Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
HITS has created numerous tools and methods to help O’Fallon, MO healthcare providers go paperless and move into the modern world. Among them are:
Scanning Solutions With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a cutting-edge tool that helps convert your medical records from paper or on-premises storage in O’Fallon, MO securely and efficiently. We achieve this in three simple steps:
- Sort — We go through every document and provide you with an itemized list. Then we sort them into two categories: those you need to keep, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents that have already met your retention policy to eliminate growing liability and make your medical records management system in O’Fallon, MO more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll digitize all of the documents you need to hold onto and move them onto your preferred document management system so you can view them anytime, anywhere.
As we carry out the migration process, we'll keep a close eye on the process to ensure no files are damaged or lost.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There are numerous businesses that offer scanning services in the O’Fallon, MO area. However, not all of them scan more complicated records like mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare provider knows, fetal monitoring strips can be hard to digitize because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Compounding that is their size makes it hard to read them continuously, and the fact that the American Health Information Management Association says that healthcare providers should hold onto monitoring strips for a total of 28 years.
HITS perceived a vacuum in the O’Fallon, MO medical records management industry for scanning and efficiently storing these strips. For that reason, we invented our monitoring strip scanning system. With HITS, you won't lose any more time digging through old boxes. You can maintain HIPAA compliance while being able to effortlessly pinpoint and retrieve monitoring strips for as long as you need to hold onto them. The strips can be placed in in a cloud or on-premises storage system.
While we first started specifically working for the medical records management industry to help maintain fetal monitoring strips, many of our O’Fallon, MO clients soon asked us if we could help them maintain more documents on our applications. We invented our STR8VIEW® application so that medical offices could house other medical records in a secure, centralized location.
Most hybrid storage systems, even though they're more efficient than paper storage, still interrupt workflow and access when compared to cloud systems. We've worked with our O’Fallon, MO clients in the medical industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is entirely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Friendly interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking capabilities
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Robust security and backup
- Optimization for continuous view
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in O’Fallon, MO | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of those who seek care. An effective medical records management system is vital for any healthcare provider to continue to serve both their patients and their business well. To talk more about your medical records management needs in O’Fallon, MO, contact a HITS representative today at 888-455-4484 or request a free quote.