HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Rockville, MD
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Rockville, MD. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an essential service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Securing, handling, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only essential, but mandated throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Rockville, MD. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, personal health records, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients won't be at risk of having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers manage document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Rockville, MD, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Rockville, MD
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Rockville, MD, healthcare facilities. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Rockville, MD, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure confidentiality systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help organizations in Rockville, MD, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine when it comes to sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they are following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Rockville, MD, is not only a cornerstone, but required for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Rockville, MD.