HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Chesterfield, MO
HITS is a leader in document storage, elimination, and effective document shredding handling in Chesterfield, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and properly disposing documents between care facilities is not only essential, but required in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Chesterfield, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients won't be at risk for having their confidential information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can be affected by both private and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners manage document safely within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Chesterfield, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Chesterfield, MO
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have comprehensive medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Chesterfield, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Chesterfield, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Chesterfield, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule when it comes to sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure of medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to make sure they are following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Chesterfield, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but required for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important to to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Chesterfield, MO.