HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Kansas City, MO
HITS is a leader in document storage, disposal, and efficient document shredding handling in Kansas City, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, handling, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only vital, but obligatory in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical information management in Kansas City, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be impacted by both individual and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers manage document confidentially within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Kansas City, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Kansas City, MO
Document storage should be orderly, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have comprehensive patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Kansas City, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Kansas City, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Kansas City, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a regular schedule regarding regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an evaluation to ensure they are following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kansas City, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important for hospitals to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kansas City, MO.