HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in St. Charles, MO
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, elimination, and efficient document shredding handling in St. Charles, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but obligatory in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in St. Charles, MO. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers handle document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in St. Charles, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in St. Charles, MO
To begin with, document storage needs to be orderly, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to secure and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for St. Charles, MO, healthcare facilities. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in St. Charles, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in St. Charles, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for health facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Charles, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with data management, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Charles, MO.