HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Reston, VA
HITS is a leader in record keeping, elimination, and efficient document shredding management in Reston, VA. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only vital, but mandated in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in Reston, VA. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, PHI, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients won't be at risk for having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be affected by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. Our team has various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners manage document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Reston, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Reston, VA
To begin with, document storage should be systematic, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also crucial for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Reston, VA, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Reston, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. We can help healthcare facilities in Reston, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Reston, VA, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Reston, VA.