HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Kirkwood, MO
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in Kirkwood, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Securing, handling, and properly disposing certain documents between care facilities is not only critical, but obligatory throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in Kirkwood, MO. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other record that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients won't be at risk of having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be affected by both individual and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. Our team has a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our clients handle document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Kirkwood, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Kirkwood, MO
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also crucial for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Kirkwood, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Kirkwood, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help organizations in Kirkwood, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for health facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to make sure they are following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kirkwood, MO, is not only a cornerstone, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Kirkwood, MO.