HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Washington, DC
HITS is a leader in document storage, disposal, and effective document shredding handling in Washington, DC. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the national standard for patient confidentiality. Safeguarding, handling, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only vital, but mandated in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical document management in Washington, DC. This includes both digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their private personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both private and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our customers handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Washington, DC, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Washington, DC
Document storage needs to be organized, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also vital for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Washington, DC, healthcare facilities. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Washington, DC, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes information destruction, and making sure data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. We can help organizations in Washington, DC, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's essential for health facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Washington, DC, is not only a fundamental practice, but obligatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's important healthcare organizations and related entities to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Washington, DC.