HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Richmond Heights, MO
HITS is a premier provider in file management, elimination, and organized document shredding handling in Richmond Heights, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for patient protection and confidentiality. Securing, handling, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but required throughout the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical document management in Richmond Heights, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients won't be at risk for having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Insurance policies can easily be affected by both private and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our clients handle document confidentially within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Richmond Heights, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Richmond Heights, MO
Document storage should be systematic, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have complete medical records that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to destroy and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Richmond Heights, MO, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep safe. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Richmond Heights, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps organizations in Richmond Heights, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Richmond Heights, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but required for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid penalties.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Richmond Heights, MO.