HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Columbia, MO
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding management in Columbia, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the national standard for patient confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between care facilities is not only vital, but mandated in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in Columbia, MO. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy rules are followed, patients won't be at risk for having their confidential personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our clients manage document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Columbia, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Columbia, MO
Document storage should be orderly, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the necessary information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also vital for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Columbia, MO, healthcare organizations. Sensitive information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Columbia, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Columbia, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine when it comes to sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an audit to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Columbia, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Columbia, MO.