HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in St. Louis, MO
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, secure destruction, and organized document shredding handling in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and properly disposing documents between care facilities is not only essential, but mandated in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical information management in St. Louis, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- especially when they change jobs or apply for one.
- Various insurance policies can easily be affected by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages medical facilities to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in St. Louis, MO, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in St. Louis, MO
Document storage needs to be organized, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is vitally important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for St. Louis, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in St. Louis, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document guidelines in place. We can help healthcare facilities in St. Louis, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's crucial for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and client records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine when it comes to sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an assessment to ensure they are following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Louis, MO, is not only a fundamental practice, but obligatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services and how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial to to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in St. Louis, MO.