Secure Destruction Services in St. Louis, MO: Safeguarding Sensitive Information
Secure destruction services in St. Louis, MO. In today's digital age, personal information is everywhere. Whether it's personal data or confidential corporate documents, it's critical to safeguard those documents against outside threats and to adhere to regulations. This is where secure destruction services comes into play, providing a way to not just reduce liability, but cut back on expenses as well. HITS is here to help your St. Louis, MO organization no matter how much useless paper you have stored. If you're interested in secure destruction services in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
Secure Destruction Services For Your St. Louis, MO Business
Countless industries deal with sensitive and confidential information, making secure destruction services necessary in many cases. Some of the industries that require secure destruction services include:
- Healthcare — Healthcare providers deal with medical records that contain sensitive patient information. Secure destruction services are required to prevent identity theft and maintain compliance with HIPAA laws.
- Legal and financial — Legal and financial firms handle privileged documents like legal agreements and financial statements. These documents include sensitive information that requires secure destruction services to ensure clients are not compromised.
- Government — Governmental bodies manage classified and confidential records that requires secure destruction services to protect national and local security and citizens.
- Education — Higher education institutions keep student records containing private records such as academic, health, disciplinary, and occasionally financial records. Secure destruction services will ensure that information remains private.
- Corporate — Corporate institutions also require secure destruction services to prevent identity theft and data breaches, and maintain compliance with industry regulations.
Essentially, any St. Louis, MO industry that manages with personal information requires secure destruction services to protect against identity theft, data breaches, and other security risks. Moreover, any business needs to securely destroy business tax returns and employment records after the applicable authoritative bodies, like the IRS or OSHA, dictate they no longer need them.
Benefits of Secure Destruction Services
There are many ways that secure destruction services can help your business. Here are some of the essential benefits of using secure destruction services:
- Protects against identity theft — Secure destruction services verify that personal information can no longer be accessed, lowering the risk of identity theft. Shredding or destroying sensitive documents ensures that they cannot be reconstructed by wrongdoers.
- Maintains compliance — Many industries are subject to regulatory guidance that stipulate how and how long information is kept. Secure destruction services ensure that organizations are not met with potential legal and financial penalties.
- Reduces storage expenses — Secure destruction services eliminate the need to spend money on storage space, which can be expensive and occupies valuable space. By securely destroying documents, businesses can reduce their storage costs and free up valuable office real estate.
- Prevents data breaches — Secure destruction services lower the risk of data breaches by guaranteeing that sensitive documents are destroyed beyond retrieval. This helps prevent security risks that can result from the loss of confidential records.
- Good for the environment — Secure destruction services often employ eco-friendly ways to dispose of the destroyed documents, for example recycling shredded paper. This helps businesses reduce their environmental impact and abide by environmental regulations.
- Peace of mind — Lastly, taking advantage of secure destruction services offers peace of mind, being sure that confidential information is secure and protected. This allows people to focus on what they do best without worrying about security risks.
Secure destruction, like shredding services, offer key benefits to St. Louis, MO individuals and businesses. By handing your secure destruction needs to a company that specializes in it, you can eliminate the bother of internally shredding documents and dealing with the paper.
Move to Digital Document Management Using Secure Destruction Services in St. Louis, MO
Another reason for secure destruction? Modernizing your St. Louis, MO business and going paperless. Moving from paper documents to a digital system is becoming increasingly popular among organizations of all sizes. A data migration to a digital system can do wonders for your business or organization. Below are some of the crucial reasons why businesses are making the move from paper to the cloud:
- Improved efficiency — Digitizing paper documents and storing them in the cloud can significantly make your employees more productive. It gets rid of the time and effort required to find and manage documents. Digital documents can be easily searched, retrieved, and shared, allowing employees to save time on unnecessary tasks.
- Cost savings — Digitizing records can be cheaper than keeping them in a physical location. It decreases the necessity to spend valuable money on storage space. Furthermore, the cost of printing materials can add up quickly, especially for organizations that generate large volumes of information.
- Improved security — A digital system offers better security features that can help shield against security risks. Cloud storage providers usually offer robust security features, such as encryption, access controls, and backups. This helps ensure that confidential information is securely kept and protected against unauthorized access. It also preserves documents in case of disasters like fires.
- Remote access — Storing documents in the cloud allows employees to view and work on them no matter where they are, as long as they have internet access. This is particularly helpful for employees who work from home or businesses with more than one office. It ensures that employees have access to the documents they need, regardless of their location.
HITS has helped numerous St. Louis, MO businesses increase efficiency and security while reducing expenses and liability. With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we'll sort your records into two categories: things you need to hold onto and things you don't. After you approve the final manifest list, we'll scan the documents you need to keep into your preferred document management system. Next, we'll shred anything that has met your specific retention policy. We've developed systems and technologies to perform everything from blueprint scanning to fragile monitor strip scanning. Whatever St. Louis, MO industry you're in, HITS has a data management solution for you.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Secure Destruction Services in St. Louis, MO
Secure destruction services have become an essential "best practice" in modern society. HITS has been helping St. Louis, MO organizations find solutions to their document problems for more than two and a half decades. By utilizing innovative technology, HITS creates optimized information that enhances our customers' working environment. If you need secure destruction services in St. Louis, MO, speak to a HITS team member today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online to learn more.