HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Alexandria, VA
HITS is a premier provider in document storage, elimination, and organized document shredding handling in Alexandria, VA. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only a federal law, but sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and destroying certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only vital, but obligatory in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in Alexandria, VA. This includes both electronic and paper-based forms, personal health records, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their confidential personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Vital?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be affected by both individual and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents within HIPAA compliance. We have multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Alexandria, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in Alexandria, VA
Document storage needs to be orderly, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have complete patient histories that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also crucial for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to shred and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Alexandria, VA, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep secured. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Alexandria, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting PHI. This includes document shredding, and ensuring data privacy protocols are in place.
- Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. We can help healthcare facilities in Alexandria, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is essential for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an audit to ensure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Alexandria, VA, is not only a fundamental practice, but mandatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial for hospitals to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. HITS utilizes innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Alexandria, VA.