HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Herndon, VA
HITS is a leader in record keeping, elimination, and effective document shredding management in Herndon, VA. We specialize in HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for client confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but obligatory in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the benchmark for privacy and medical document management in Herndon, VA. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy regulations are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their personal personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be impacted by both individual and group plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from going public.
- HIPAA compliancy helps improve efficiency, reduce paperwork, and encourages medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document security within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Herndon, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Herndon, VA
To begin with, document storage should be systematic, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See below what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to secure and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Herndon, VA, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Herndon, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and making sure data privacy protocols are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Herndon, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use cross-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage protected information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine regarding sensitive patient information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an audit to make sure they are following HIPAA regulations. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Herndon, VA, is not only a critical aspect, but obligatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's important for hospitals to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Herndon, VA.