HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Creve Coeur, MO
HITS is a premier provider in record keeping, elimination, and effective document shredding handling in Creve Coeur, MO. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the national standard for patient confidentiality. Protecting, handling, and destroying certain documents between care facilities is not only critical, but required in the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in Creve Coeur, MO. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other data that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy rules are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Important?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be impacted by both private and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Creve Coeur, MO, is vital for patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Shredding and Storage in Creve Coeur, MO
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a timely fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have complete medical records that allow professionals to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and effective management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our mission to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Creve Coeur, MO, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Creve Coeur, MO, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. We can help organizations in Creve Coeur, MO, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is crucial for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It is important to have a routine regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized disclosure to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an evaluation to ensure they're following HIPAA requirements. Not meeting HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for hospitals.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Creve Coeur, MO, is not only a critical aspect, but obligatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to ensure patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with information handling, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Creve Coeur, MO.