HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in New York City, NY
HITS is a leader in document storage, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding management in New York City, NY. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an critical service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the industry standard for client protection and confidentiality. Securing, managing, and destroying documents between care facilities is not only essential, but mandated throughout the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical information management in New York City, NY. This may include digital and hardcopy forms, patient data, and any other data that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy regulations are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
There are a few reasons why HIPAA was put in place that relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA is meant to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can be impacted by both individual and collective plans. HIPAA prevents that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage medical facilities to adopt certain standards of professionalism and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents within HIPAA compliance. Our team has multiple systems in place like STR8VIEW® that helps our partners handle document safely within compliance. Going digital has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in New York City, NY, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Management and Storage in New York City, NY
Document storage should be organized, maintained, and safe. Accessibility and getting the required information your healthcare facility needs in a prompt fashion is critical. Health organizations need to have complete medical records that allow medical staff to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare centers is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, statutory obligations, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for unauthorized access.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our mission to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for New York City, NY, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- patient information, Social Security numbers, and other data out there -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in New York City, NY, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document procedures in place. We can help healthcare facilities in New York City, NY, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for healthcare facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine regarding regarding sensitive information. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized access to sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an assessment to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in New York City, NY, is not only a critical aspect, but required for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to protect patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about what we do best. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact our teamnow to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in New York City, NY.