Secure Destruction Services in New York City, NY: Protecting Sensitive Records
Secure destruction services in New York City, NY. Because of today's digital age, it's never been more important to protect sensitive information. Whether it's customer data or confidential corporate documents, it's imperative to protect this information from falling into the wrong hands and to abide by regulations. This is why you need secure destruction services, providing a solution to not just reduce liability, but cut back on expenses as well. HITS is standing by to help your New York City, NY organization with either a one-time bulk destruction, or on a recurring basis. If you need secure destruction services in New York City, NY, speak to a HITS team member today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
Secure Destruction Services For Your New York City, NY Business
Several industries are responsible for staying compliant with customer information, making secure destruction services necessary to protect against identity theft, data breaches, and other security risks. Some of the industries that require secure destruction services include:
- Healthcare — Healthcare providers must collect and retain private medical information about their clients. Secure destruction services are required to prevent identity theft and maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Legal and financial — Legal and financial firms are responsible for handling private documents like legal contracts and financial statements. This information requires secure destruction services to ensure clients are not compromised.
- Government — Governmental entities manage classified and confidential information that requires secure destruction services to preserve national and local security and constituents.
- Education — Schools and universities maintain student records containing personal information including academic, health, disciplinary, and occasionally financial records. Secure destruction services to protect student privacy.
- Corporate — Corporate organizations also require secure destruction services to prevent identity theft and data breaches, and follow industry regulations.
Basically, any New York City, NY business that manages with confidential records requires secure destruction services to protect their clients. Additionally, any organization needs to securely destroy company financial and employment records after the relevant authoritative bodies, for example the IRS or OSHA, advise that enough time has passed that they can be destroyed.
How Secure Destruction Services Can Help Your Company
There are many ways that secure destruction services can benefit your business. Below are some of the essential benefits of using secure destruction services:
- Shields against identity theft — Secure destruction services verify that sensitive information is permanently destroyed, decreasing the possibility that someone could steal another person's identity. Shredding or destroying confidential documents ensures that they cannot be accessed by people who should not be able to see the information.
- Maintains compliance — Many fields are subject to industry regulations that require the secure destruction of confidential information. Secure destruction services ensure that organizations are not met with potential legal and financial consequences.
- Reduces storage expenses — Secure destruction services removes the need to store large volumes of confidential information, which can be expensive and absorbs valuable space. By securely destroying documents, organizations can pay less for storage and have more space in the office for other things.
- Prevents data breaches — Secure destruction services reduce the likelihood of data being exposed by guaranteeing that private information is destroyed beyond retrieval. This helps protect against cyberattacks that can occur if that information is accessed.
- Good for the environment — Secure destruction services often use environmentally friendly ways to destroy the destroyed information, such as recycling shredded paper. This helps companies reduce their environmental impact and adhere to any regulations that may apply to their field.
- Peace of mind — Lastly, using secure destruction services offers peace of mind, being sure that sensitive information is protected and they are free from any associated risks. This permits people to focus on what they do best without worrying about security risks.
Secure destruction, like shredding services, provide several benefits to New York City, NY individuals and businesses. By outsourcing your secure document destruction needs, you can avoid the nuisance of doing it yourself and having to get rid of what's left.
Make the Shift to Digital Document Management Using Secure Destruction Services in New York City, NY
Another reason for secure destruction? Modernizing your New York City, NY business and going paperless. Going from paper documents to a digital system is becoming more and more popular popular among organizations of all sizes. A data migration to digital storage has several benefits. Below are some of the key reasons why businesses are moving to the cloud:
- Better efficiency — Having all of your documents in a digital system can considerably improve efficiency. It gets rid of the need for physical document filing and retrieval. Digital documents are easily searched, accessed, and shared, allowing employees to work more efficiently and productively.
- Cost savings — Digitizing documentation can be easier on the budget than keeping them in a physical location. It reduces the need to spend valuable money on storage space. Additionally, the cost of printing materials can add up quickly, especially for businesses that create and retain a large volume of documents.
- Enhanced security — A digital system offers better security features that can help shield against unlawful or unauthorized access. Cloud storage providers usually offer strong security measures, such as encryption, access controls, and backups. This helps ensure that private documents are securely stored and protected against unauthorized access. It also keeps documents safe from disasters like fires.
- Remote access — Storing documents in a digital environment permits employees to view and work on them from anywhere with internet access. This is particularly helpful for employees who work from home or businesses with multiple offices. It ensures that employees have access to the documents they need, regardless of their location.
HITS has helped numerous New York City, NY companies increase productivity and security while cutting down on expenses and liability. With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we'll sort your records into two groups: things you need to hold onto and things you don't. After you approve the final manifest list, we'll scan the documents you need to keep into your preferred document management system. Then, we'll shred anything that has met your specific retention policy. We've developed systems and technologies to perform everything from blueprint scanning to delicate monitor strip scanning. Whatever New York City, NY industry you're in, HITS has a data management solution fit exactly to your needs.
Other services we offer in New York City, NY include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Secure Destruction Services in New York City, NY
Secure destruction services have become an essential "best practice" in today's digital age. HITS has been helping New York City, NY organizations find solutions to their document management needs for more than two and a half decades. By implementing innovative technology, HITS creates optimized information that enhances our customers' working environment. If you need secure destruction services in New York City, NY, speak to a HITS team member today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online to learn more.