HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Langley, VA
HITS is a leader in record keeping, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding management in Langley, VA. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Disposal, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but the act sets the national standard for client protection and confidentiality. Protecting, managing, and destroying documents between multiple care facilities is not only critical, but required throughout the U.S..
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the standard for privacy and medical document management in Langley, VA. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, PHI, and any other material that might reveal the identity or medical condition of a patient. When the privacy guidelines are followed to the letter, patients shouldn't be at risk for having their private information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that relate to insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Various insurance policies can be affected by both private and group plans. HIPAA prevents that information from going public.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of ethics and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps organizations, government agencies, and healthcare facilities manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have various systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our customers handle document safely within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Langley, VA, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Langley, VA
Document storage needs to be orderly, maintained, and protected. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is essential. Health organizations need to have thorough medical records that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a patient's diagnosis and care strategy.
See what other services HITS offers:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a patient's information between healthcare facilities is extremely important. This is especially crucial when you are dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and efficient management is also crucial for medical research and analysis, quality control, and disaster recovery. Most healthcare organizations and other businesses are at risk for data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
Primarily, it's our goal to shred and safeguard HIPAA compliant documents for Langley, VA, healthcare organizations. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Langley, VA, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting PHI. This includes information destruction, and ensuring data privacy systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare facilities are required to have strict document policies in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Langley, VA, create guidelines that meet HIPAA requirements.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use confetti-cut shredders. These techniques make it nearly impossible to retrieve documents.
- Employee Training: It's important for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage confidential information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a regular schedule when it comes to sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding prevents the risk of unauthorized disclosure to medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Healthcare organizations often have to go through an evaluation to ensure they are following HIPAA requirements. Failure to meet HIPAA compliance can result in fines and legal consequences for health facilities.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Langley, VA, is not only a fundamental practice, but obligatory for healthcare organizations and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about our services.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
It's important for hospitals to stay up to date about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid consequences.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with record keeping, elimination, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies that are tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Langley, VA.