HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding in Bethesda, MD
HITS is a leader in record keeping, secure destruction, and efficient document shredding handling in Bethesda, MD. HITS specializes in HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction, which is an important service for healthcare facilities. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is not only only national legislation, but sets the national standard for client confidentiality. Safeguarding, managing, and properly disposing certain documents between multiple care facilities is not only essential, but obligatory in the United States.
Passed in 1996, HIPAA is the guideline for privacy and medical document management in Bethesda, MD. This may include electronic and paper-based forms, patient data, and any other material that may reveal the identity or medical condition of patients. When the privacy rules are followed, patients shouldn't be at risk of having their personal information leaked.
Why is HIPAA Compliance Crucial?
Below are a couple of reasons why HIPAA was put into place that primarily relate to health insurance. See below:
- HIPAA was originally designed to help employees avoid medical discrimination -- this especially applies if someone changes or is applying for a job.
- Insurance policies can easily be impacted by both private and collective plans. HIPAA helps prevent that information from being available for employers.
- HIPAA is designed to reduce paperwork, improve efficiency, and encourage healthcare organizations to adopt certain standards of conduct and data transfer protocols.
HITS helps government bodies, medical facilities, and other clients manage documents that fall within HIPAA compliance. We have a variety of systems in place like STR8VIEW® that help our partners handle document security within compliance. Going paperless has its own risks that we work to avoid. Document shredding for healthcare facilities in Bethesda, MD, is crucial to patient confidentiality.
Importance of Document Destruction and Storage in Bethesda, MD
To begin with, document storage needs to be systematic, maintained, and secure. Accessibility and getting the relevant information your healthcare facility needs in a swift fashion is vital. Health organizations need to have thorough patient histories that allow doctors to make informed decisions about a client's diagnosis and treatment plan.
See below about our other services:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Coordinating a client's information between healthcare facilities is critically important. This is especially crucial when you're dealing with HIPAA compliance, legal mandates, and organization. Document storage and secure management is also essential for disaster recovery, research, and quality control. Healthcare facilities and other businesses need to consider the risk of data breaches.
HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's our goal to destroy and protect HIPAA compliant documents for Bethesda, MD, healthcare facilities. Confidential information -- Social Security numbers and other data -- is important to keep protected. See below to learn more about HIPAA compliant shredding services in Bethesda, MD, and secure document destruction:
- Data Privacy & Security: HIPAA compliance mandates protecting patient health information. This includes document shredding, and ensuring confidentiality systems are in place.
- Medical Document Protocol: Healthcare organization are required to have strict document procedures in place. HITS helps healthcare facilities in Bethesda, MD, create guidelines that meet HIPAA standards.
- Document Shredding: To be HIPAA compliant, your facility will likely need to have a document partner like HITS to use micro-cut shredders. These techniques make it close to impossible to reconstruct documents.
- Employee Training: It is important for medical facilities to know how to handle and manage sensitive information and patient records.
- Scheduled Document Destruction: It's important to have a routine when it comes to regarding sensitive documents. Paper (and digital) document shredding reduces the risk of unauthorized access of sensitive medical information.
- Compliance Audits: Hospitals often have to go through an audit to make sure they're following HIPAA regulations. Failure to meet HIPAA standards can result in fines and legal consequences for healthcare organizations.
HIPAA compliant document shredding in Bethesda, MD, is not only a cornerstone, but mandatory for hospitals and other health-related facilities. Contact HITS now to learn more about how we can help.
>Secure HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
It's crucial healthcare organizations and related entities to stay informed about the latest HIPAA guidelines and ensure that their document disposal practices align with the stipulated regulations to safeguard patients' privacy and avoid fines.
Call HITS now at 314-837-4000 to learn more about our services. We have been helping organizations with data management, destruction, and other essential security services for more than 25 years. We utilize innovative technologies tailored to your direct data needs. Contact us now to learn more about secure, HIPAA compliant document shredding in Bethesda, MD.