Records Management O’Fallon, MO
Records Management in O’Fallon, MO. Records management is essential for any O’Fallon, MO organization to be at its most productive. If record management has become a nuisance for your O’Fallon, MO workers, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from customer credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in O’Fallon, MO
We've been helping companies in O’Fallon, MO modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help O’Fallon, MO healthcare providers eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in O’Fallon, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in O’Fallon, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to reduce liability and improve ROI.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in O’Fallon, MO, you can be sure that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
There are myriad advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes time and money. One study found knowledge workers almost two hours per day, searching for information. With a streamlined and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a document will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored digitally is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for O’Fallon, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.