Records Management O’Fallon, MO
Records Management in O’Fallon, MO. Records management is vital for any O’Fallon, MO enterprise to thrive. If record management has become a nuisance for your O’Fallon, MO organization, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Our Records Management Services in O’Fallon, MO
We've been helping organizations in O’Fallon, MO modernize their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help O’Fallon, MO healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in O’Fallon, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've chosen in O’Fallon, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in O’Fallon, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates workers almost 10 per week, looking for data. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a file will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document being stored on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in O’Fallon, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in O’Fallon, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, cost-effective solutions for O’Fallon, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and be more productive. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in O’Fallon, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.