Records Management Kansas City, MO
Records Management in Kansas City, MO. Records management is vital for any Kansas City, MO enterprise to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Kansas City, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to hospital records, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The idea of a record having a "life cycle" was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in Kansas City, MO
We've been helping companies in Kansas City, MO modernize their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Kansas City, MO healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Kansas City, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the document, we'll put it into the type of digital file that works best for your organization, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've chosen in Kansas City, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We utilize our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Kansas City, MO, you can be certain that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Kansas City, MO
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. One study found workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Kansas City, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Kansas City, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Kansas City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.