Records Management Kansas City, MO
Records Management in Kansas City, MO. Records management is essential for any Kansas City, MO organization to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Kansas City, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from client credit card info to medical records, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure that information is safely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The notion of a record having a "life cycle" was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in Kansas City, MO
HITS has been great document management systems for Kansas City, MO organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Kansas City, MO healthcare providers eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Kansas City, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from paper documentation to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Kansas City, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Digital Records Management in Kansas City, MO
There are countless advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of time and money. Research indicates employees almost two hours per day, searching for information. With an efficient and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than paper sitting in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Kansas City, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Kansas City, MO organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Kansas City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.