Records Management Kansas City, KS
Records Management in Kansas City, KS. Records management is essential for any Kansas City, KS organization to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Kansas City, KS for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from customer credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in Kansas City, KS
HITS has been helping companies in Kansas City, KS streamline their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Kansas City, KS healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Kansas City, KS simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Kansas City, KS.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to another, HITS has the tools and technology to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Kansas City, KS, you can be certain that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Kansas City, KS
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your workers' time. Research indicates employees almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a closet. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Kansas City, KS
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Kansas City, KS companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Kansas City, KS, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.