Records Management Kansas City, KS
Records Management in Kansas City, KS. Records management is crucial for any Kansas City, KS enterprise to be at its most productive. If record management has become a nuisance for your Kansas City, KS workers, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to medical records, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in Kansas City, KS
HITS has been great document management systems for Kansas City, KS organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Kansas City, KS hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Kansas City, KS simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we'll put it into your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Kansas City, KS.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Kansas City, KS, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Kansas City, KS
There are myriad benefits to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your employees' time. Research indicates workers 9.3 hours per week, searching for data. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data stored electronically is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, KS include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Kansas City, KS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Kansas City, KS organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Kansas City, KS, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.