Records Management San Diego, CA
Records Management in San Diego, CA. Records management is vital for any San Diego, CA enterprise to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in San Diego, CA for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every stage of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in San Diego, CA
We've been helping companies in San Diego, CA streamline their record keeping for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help San Diego, CA healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in San Diego, CA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to another, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in San Diego, CA, you can be certain that your records are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in San Diego, CA
There are myriad advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes time and money. One study found knowledge workers almost two hours per day, searching for information. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data stored digitally is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in San Diego, CA include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Call HITS for Your Records Management in San Diego, CA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for San Diego, CA companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in San Diego, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.