Records Management San Diego, CA
Records Management in San Diego, CA. Records management is essential for any San Diego, CA organization to be at its best. If record management has become a problem for your San Diego, CA employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is making sure that information is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other information resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can have access.
Our Records Management Services in San Diego, CA
We've been great document management systems for San Diego, CA organizations for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help San Diego, CA healthcare providers get rid of the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the records management system you've chosen in San Diego, CA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in San Diego, CA, you can be certain that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in San Diego, CA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It's more eco-friendly and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a lot of your workers' time. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for information. With a modernized and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a document will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a warehouse. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in San Diego, CA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for San Diego, CA companies that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in San Diego, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.