Records Management Los Angeles, CA
Records Management in Los Angeles, CA. Records management is crucial for any Los Angeles, CA organization to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Los Angeles, CA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is making sure those records is safely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The concept of a record having a "life cycle" was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the onboarding of a new project or any other information created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Records Management We Offer in Los Angeles, CA
We've been helping companies in Los Angeles, CA streamline their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Los Angeles, CA hospitals, physicians' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your organization, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Los Angeles, CA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Los Angeles, CA, you can be sure that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Los Angeles, CA
There are countless advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. One study found workers almost 10 per week, looking for data. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much safer than paper being stored in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to numerous regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Los Angeles, CA include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Los Angeles, CA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Los Angeles, CA companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Los Angeles, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.