Records Management Los Angeles, CA
Records Management in Los Angeles, CA. Records management is essential for any Los Angeles, CA organization to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Los Angeles, CA for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to medical records, to customer reviews and personnel records, and records management is making sure those documents is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be maintained in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Los Angeles, CA
We've been great records management plans for Los Angeles, CA organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Los Angeles, CA hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Los Angeles, CA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Los Angeles, CA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Los Angeles, CA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes your workers' time. Research indicates workers 9.3 hours per week, searching for data. With a modernized and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Los Angeles, CA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, cost-effective solutions for Los Angeles, CA companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Los Angeles, CA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.