Records Management St. Louis, MO
Records Management in St. Louis, MO. Records management is vital for any St. Louis, MO enterprise to flourish. If record management has become a problem for your St. Louis, MO team, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to contracts, to client reviews and HR data, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four stages:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Records Management We Offer in St. Louis, MO
HITS has been helping companies in St. Louis, MO modernize their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Louis, MO healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred document management system in St. Louis, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in St. Louis, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in St. Louis, MO
There are countless advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates employees almost 10 per week, searching for data. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in St. Louis, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for St. Louis, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.