Records Management St. Louis, MO
Records Management in St. Louis, MO. Records management is vital for any St. Louis, MO enterprise to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in St. Louis, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and internal audits, and records management is making sure that information is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Our Records Management Services in St. Louis, MO
HITS has been great document management systems for St. Louis, MO organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Louis, MO healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in St. Louis, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in St. Louis, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in St. Louis, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in St. Louis, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management improves your organization in countless ways. It's easier on the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for data. With a smooth-running and user-friendly electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in St. Louis, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for St. Louis, MO organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in St. Louis, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.