Records Management Richmond Heights, MO
Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO. Records management is crucial for any Richmond Heights, MO organization to do the best work it possibly can. If record management has become a problem for your Richmond Heights, MO organization, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept in a secure location so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Our Records Management Services in Richmond Heights, MO
HITS has been great records management plans for Richmond Heights, MO organizations for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Richmond Heights, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Richmond Heights, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Richmond Heights, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management system to another, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Richmond Heights, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for paper documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. Research indicates knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for information. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored on a shelf. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Richmond Heights, MO companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Richmond Heights, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.