Records Management Richmond Heights, MO
Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO. Records management is crucial for any Richmond Heights, MO organization to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Richmond Heights, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to client reviews and HR data, and records management is making sure those records is safely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other information your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Records Management We Offer in Richmond Heights, MO
HITS has been helping organizations in Richmond Heights, MO streamline their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Richmond Heights, MO healthcare providers get rid of the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Richmond Heights, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Richmond Heights, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve return on investment time and time again.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Richmond Heights, MO, you can be sure that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a ridiculous amount of your employees' time. Research indicates workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for documents. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Richmond Heights, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Richmond Heights, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Richmond Heights, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.