Records Management St. Peters, MO
Records Management in St. Peters, MO. Records management is crucial for any St. Peters, MO organization to do the best work it possibly can. If record management has become a problem for your St. Peters, MO employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to medical records, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in St. Peters, MO
We've been helping organizations in St. Peters, MO modernize their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Peters, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in St. Peters, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred document management system in St. Peters, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from paper documentation to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in St. Peters, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Electronic Records Management in St. Peters, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to digital record management improves your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes time and money. Research indicates employees almost two hours per day, looking for information. With a streamlined and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
A Record stored digitally is much safer than paper being stored in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a better work environment for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in St. Peters, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for St. Peters, MO organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in St. Peters, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.