Records Management St. Peters, MO
Records Management in St. Peters, MO. Records management is essential for any St. Peters, MO organization to be at its most productive. If record management has become a problem for your St. Peters, MO workers, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other information created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every phase of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in St. Peters, MO
HITS has been great document management systems for St. Peters, MO organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help St. Peters, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other medical professionals get rid of the nuisance of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in St. Peters, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to another, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in St. Peters, MO, you can be confident that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in St. Peters, MO
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes your workers' time. Research indicates knowledge workers almost 10 per week, looking for information. With an efficient and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a file will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS for Your Records Management in St. Peters, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for St. Peters, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in St. Peters, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.