Records Management Richmond, VA
Records Management in Richmond, VA. Records management is essential for any Richmond, VA enterprise to be at its most productive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Richmond, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from customer credit card info to medical records, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is making sure that data is safely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in Richmond, VA
We've been helping companies in Richmond, VA streamline their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Richmond, VA hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Richmond, VA simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for your operations, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Richmond, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management software to another, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve ROI.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Richmond, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Richmond, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for paper documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. One study found knowledge workers 9.3 hours per week, searching for documents. With an efficient and easy-to-access digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a file will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than paper sitting in a closet. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Richmond, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Richmond, VA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Richmond, VA organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Richmond, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.