Records Management Annapolis, MD
Records Management in Annapolis, MD. Records management is essential for any Annapolis, MD organization to thrive. If record management has become a nuisance for your Annapolis, MD team, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so that you don't put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various entities.
Our Records Management Services in Annapolis, MD
HITS has been great records management systems for Annapolis, MD organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Annapolis, MD healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Annapolis, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical storage to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve return on investment.
We utilize our patent-pending DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Annapolis, MD, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Annapolis, MD
There are myriad benefits to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces less pollution and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of time and money. Research indicates workers almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With a smooth-running and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper being stored in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Annapolis, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Annapolis, MD organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Annapolis, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.