Records Management Annapolis, MD
Records Management in Annapolis, MD. Records management is essential for any Annapolis, MD organization to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Annapolis, MD for organizations that want to modernize their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from client credit card info to hospital records, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, it's best to keep them in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Annapolis, MD
HITS has been helping companies in Annapolis, MD modernize their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Annapolis, MD hospitals, doctors' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Annapolis, MD simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Annapolis, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical storage to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We implement our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Annapolis, MD, you can be confident that your documents are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Annapolis, MD
There are myriad benefits to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for data. With a modernized and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Increase Compliance
Information stored digitally is much safer than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Annapolis, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Annapolis, MD
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Annapolis, MD companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Annapolis, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.