Records Management Rockville, MD
Records Management in Rockville, MD. Records management is vital for any Rockville, MD enterprise to flourish. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Rockville, MD for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from customer credit card info to medical records, to client reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The notion of a record having a "life cycle" was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for your own records or regulatory compliance. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Records Management We Offer in Rockville, MD
We've been great document management plans for Rockville, MD organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Rockville, MD healthcare providers get rid of the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Rockville, MD simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Rockville, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management software to another, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Rockville, MD, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Electronic Records Management in Rockville, MD
There are countless advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It produces greenhouse gases and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes time and money. One study found employees spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone who needs to view a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a warehouse. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Rockville, MD include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Rockville, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Rockville, MD organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Rockville, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.