Records Management Rockville, MD
Records Management in Rockville, MD. Records management is crucial for any Rockville, MD organization to be at its best. If record management has become a nuisance for your Rockville, MD employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from customer credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and employee records, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other data your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Rockville, MD
HITS has been helping organizations in Rockville, MD streamline their record keeping for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Rockville, MD healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we'll put it into the type of digital file that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the records management system you've selected in Rockville, MD.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical documents to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve ROI.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Rockville, MD, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Rockville, MD
Conducting a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system improves your organization in countless ways. It's better for the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a ridiculous amount of your employees' time. One study found workers almost 10 per week, searching for data. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a file will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data stored electronically is much more secure than paper sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to numerous overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Rockville, MD
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Rockville, MD companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Rockville, MD, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.