Records Management Kirkwood, MO
Records Management in Kirkwood, MO. Records management is crucial for any Kirkwood, MO enterprise to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Kirkwood, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record has four stages in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a place that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Kirkwood, MO
We've been helping companies in Kirkwood, MO modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Kirkwood, MO healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we'll put it into the digital format that works best for your operations, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've chosen in Kirkwood, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're making an organizational change from physical documents to electronic, from on-premises to cloud, or just from one digital document management application to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We implement our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Kirkwood, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Kirkwood, MO
There are myriad benefits to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It's more eco-friendly and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the office waste a ridiculous amount of time and money. Research indicates employees almost 10 per week, looking for data. With a streamlined and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a file will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper being stored on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Kirkwood, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Kirkwood, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Kirkwood, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.