Records Management Alexandria, VA
Records Management in Alexandria, VA. Records management is essential for any Alexandria, VA organization to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Alexandria, VA for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines a "record" as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to hospital records, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The idea of a record having a "life cycle" was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other information resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Our Records Management Services in Alexandria, VA
We've been great document management plans for Alexandria, VA organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Alexandria, VA healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Alexandria, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve ROI.
We utilize our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Alexandria, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Electronic Records Management in Alexandria, VA
There are myriad advantages to investing in a digital transformation and moving to digital record management. It produces greenhouse gases and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document issues in the workplace waste a lot of time and money. One study found employees 9.3 hours per week, searching for documents. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a record will have the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than paper sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Alexandria, VA
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Alexandria, VA organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Alexandria, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.