Records Management Alexandria, VA
Records Management in Alexandria, VA. Records management is essential for any Alexandria, VA organization to do the best work it possibly can. If record management has become a nuisance for your Alexandria, VA employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from customer credit card info to contracts, to client reviews and employee records, and records management is making sure those documents is securely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was put into use by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, principally by Emmett J. Leahy. A record has four phases in its life cycle:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the recording of a meeting or any other information your organization needs. Where the record is held and in what format is paramount. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a place that is both accessible and secure. Records retention, how an organization decides what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept securely offline so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, as well as a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Our Records Management Services in Alexandria, VA
HITS has been helping organizations in Alexandria, VA modernize their record keeping for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Alexandria, VA hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers eliminate the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being hard to find in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize almost any type of physical document you have, including:
Once we've scanned the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more workers and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Alexandria, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve ROI.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Alexandria, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Advantages to Digital Records Management in Alexandria, VA
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes time and money. One study found knowledge workers almost 10 per week, searching for data. With an efficient and easy-to-access electronic records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a file will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a box. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive work environment for your employees'.
Other services we offer in Alexandria, VA include:
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Alexandria, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Alexandria, VA organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, improve efficiency, and be more productive. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Alexandria, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.