Records Management Blue Springs, MO
Records Management in Blue Springs, MO. Records management is essential for any Blue Springs, MO organization to flourish. If record management has become a problem for your Blue Springs, MO organization, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management back on track. Reach out to HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from client credit card info to medical records, to customer reviews and HR data, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The life cycle of a record from creation to destruction was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a pioneer in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other information resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If destroyed, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and guidelines, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Blue Springs, MO
We've been helping organizations in Blue Springs, MO streamline their record keeping for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Blue Springs, MO healthcare providers eliminate the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class application. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Blue Springs, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Blue Springs, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to digital, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the tools and technology to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We use our patent-pending DocuMiner® application to sort through your documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Blue Springs, MO, you can be confident that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Blue Springs, MO
There are countless advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It's easier on the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Looking for paper documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. One study found employees spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for information. With a streamlined and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document being stored in a warehouse. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous overseeing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Blue Springs, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Blue Springs, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Blue Springs, MO companies that want to streamline their records management processes, boost efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Blue Springs, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.