Records Management Blue Springs, MO
Records Management in Blue Springs, MO. Records management is essential for any Blue Springs, MO enterprise to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Blue Springs, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately increase their bottom line. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to medical records, to survey responses and internal audits, and records management is making sure that data is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other data created for use in your company. Where the record is held and in what format is crucial. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be maintained in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be held offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them in the future. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clear policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Blue Springs, MO
HITS has been helping companies in Blue Springs, MO streamline their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Blue Springs, MO healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of retrieving records from multiple systems with our own state-of-the-art software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We're able to digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Blue Springs, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and organizations are turning to remote work. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred document management system in Blue Springs, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We implement our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Blue Springs, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Blue Springs, MO
There are myriad advantages to undergoing a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It produces less pollution and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the workplace waste a lot of time and money. Research indicates employees almost 10 per week, looking for information. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't be a problem, and everyone with access to a file will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data stored electronically is much more secure than paper sitting in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your records to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Blue Springs, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Blue Springs, MO organizations that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Blue Springs, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.