Records Management McLean, VA
Records Management in McLean, VA. Records management is crucial for any McLean, VA enterprise to flourish. If record management has become a nuisance for your McLean, VA employees, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is making sure that information is safely and efficiently accessed, distributed, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other data resulting for your operations. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute a record within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be stored in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, for how long, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, it's best to keep them securely offline so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, a decision must be made on whether it should be permanently archived or securely destroyed. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in McLean, VA
HITS has been helping companies in McLean, VA modernize their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help McLean, VA hospitals, doctors' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management software. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for you, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into the document management system you've selected in McLean, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from paper documentation to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one electronic document management system to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce liability and improve return on investment time and time again.
We use our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in McLean, VA, you can be certain that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Benefits of Digital Records Management in McLean, VA
There are myriad benefits to undergoing a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your workers' time. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for data. With a smooth-running and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone with access to a document will have the most recent version of it.
Safeguard Your Records and Be More Compliant
Data on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than a phsycial document sitting in a warehouse. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to a variety of regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also be safe from any disasters like natural disasters or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in McLean, VA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in McLean, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for McLean, VA companies that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and be more productive. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in McLean, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.