Records Management Clayton, MO
Records Management in Clayton, MO. Records management is crucial for any Clayton, MO organization to be at its best. If record management has become a problem for your Clayton, MO team, HITS has the solution and knows how to get your document management back on track. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from customer credit card info to contracts, to survey responses and HR data, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
The definition of the life cycle of a record was developed by the United States National Archives in the 1930s, largely by Emmett J. Leahy, who was a central figure in the discipline of records management. A record goes through four phases:
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of a spreadsheet, the entering of a transaction or any other data your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — You can distribute information within teams, across teams, or to clients or other external parties. The distribution can impact either a small part of or the entire organization. The record must be kept in a place that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the documents.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be maintained offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
All of these stages are interrelated, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Clayton, MO
We've been helping organizations in Clayton, MO streamline their record keeping for more than 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Clayton, MO healthcare providers get rid of the nuisance of retrieving records from multiple systems with our innovative, secure, cloud-based document management system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Clayton, MO simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are deciding to move to a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred records management system in Clayton, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're updating your storage systems from physical storage to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management software to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the skills to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate risk and improve return on investment.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones you no longer need. With our secure destruction services in Clayton, MO, you can be sure that your records are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Why You Need Electronic Records Management in Clayton, MO
There are numerous benefits to investing in a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system. It's easier on the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Document problems in the workplace waste a ridiculous amount of your workers' time. One study found knowledge workers spend 1.8 hours per day, looking for documents. With a streamlined and easy-to-access digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With an electronic records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a record will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information stored electronically is much safer than paper sitting in a warehouse. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with numerous governing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your information to disasters like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Clayton, MO include:
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Clayton, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, affordable solutions for Clayton, MO organizations that want to streamline their records management processes, enhance efficiency, and boost their bottom line. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Clayton, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.