Records Management Clayton, MO
Records Management in Clayton, MO. Records management is crucial for any Clayton, MO organization to thrive. If record management has become a nuisance for your Clayton, MO organization, HITS has the answer and knows how to get your document management organized and efficient. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records can be anything from billing info to medical records, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of a spreadsheet, the onboarding of a new project or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, for how long, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while you may be required to keep others for years or even decades for your own records or regulatory compliance. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the records, it's best to keep them in a secure location so as not to put unnecessary strain on your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record is no longer required for your operations or for compliance purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If you decide to keep them, the records can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the documents, paper can be shredded and digit documents can be scrubbed from clouds or mainframes.
Every part of a life cycle is interrelated with the others, so it's important to have strict guidelines in place concerning how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to have access.
Records Management We Offer in Clayton, MO
HITS has been helping companies in Clayton, MO streamline their record keeping for more than two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Clayton, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare providers get rid of the hassle of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our own state-of-the-art application. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are notorious for fading and being easy to lose in physical storage.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Clayton, MO simply can't, including:
Once we've scanned the paper, film, blueprint, or monitoring strip, we can convert it to the type of digital file that works best for your organization, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more employees and organizations are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We can transfer everything your team needs to work together, ensuring nothing is jeopardized or gets lost, into your preferred records management system in Clayton, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to digital, from onsite databases to cloud or hybrid, or just from one electronic document management application to a more modern one, HITS has the skills to create an efficient and painless data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to eliminate liability and improve ROI time and time again.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your records, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones that have met your retention policy. With our secure destruction services in Clayton, MO, you can be confident that your documents are shredded to industry standards without the hassle of doing it in-house.
Advantages to Electronic Records Management in Clayton, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to an electronic or cloud based system enhances your organization in countless ways. It's more eco-friendly and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes time and money. Research indicates workers almost two hours per day, searching for documents. With a modernized and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. You can auto-create and organize new records, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a file will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Information on either a cloud or on-premises server is much safer than paper sitting in a closet. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We can help you remain compliant with a variety of governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to unexpected events like natural disasters or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
The average price of a square foot of office space is $35. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a better office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Clayton, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, affordable solutions for Clayton, MO companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Clayton, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.