Records Management Creve Coeur, MO
Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO. Records management is crucial for any Creve Coeur, MO enterprise to be at its best. At HITS, we offer innovative and cost-effect solutions in Creve Coeur, MO for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from billing info to contracts, to customer reviews and internal audits, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the entering of a transaction or any other data resulting for your operations. Where the record is held and in what format is essential. This is the stage where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be stored in a storage system that is easy to access for those who need to use it, and secure against those who should not see it. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and where, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while you may be required to keep others for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If they do not need to be accessed regularly, they can be kept in a secure location so as not to burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be held offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are kept, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who can access them.
Records Management We Offer in Creve Coeur, MO
We've been great document management systems for Creve Coeur, MO organizations for over two and a half decades. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Creve Coeur, MO hospitals, physicians' offices, and other medical professionals eliminate the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class software. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can digitize a variety of physical documents, including:
After we've digitized the document, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for your operations, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and employers are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into your preferred document management system in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your document management from paper documentation to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management system to another, HITS has the skills to develop an efficient and stress-free data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We use our in-house DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan the ones you need to keep, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Creve Coeur, MO, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why You Need Digital Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to an electronic or cloud based system. It's better for the environment and allows your team to be more productive.
Streamline Your Records Management
Searching for physical documents at work wastes your workers' time. Research indicates workers spend 1.8 hours per day, searching for documents. With an efficient and user-friendly electronic records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. Newly created or received records are instantly organized, and you can receive notifications when the life cycle of a record has ended.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone with access to a document will have the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
Data stored electronically is much safer than paper sitting in a closet. Not only is the information less at risk from external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can access the information. We can help you remain compliant with numerous governing security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot of money and space that could be put to a better use than storage. An uncluttered office also creates a more productive office space for your employees'.
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Creve Coeur, MO companies that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Creve Coeur, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your needs online.