Records Management Creve Coeur, MO
Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO. Records management is essential for any Creve Coeur, MO organization to thrive. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Creve Coeur, MO for organizations that want to streamline their records management, boost efficiency, and ultimately improve their bottom line. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines records as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Essentially, records include everything from client credit card info to contracts, to customer reviews and personnel records, and records management is the efficient and successful use of those records.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be the send or receipt of an email, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, a proposal sent to a potential client or any other data your organization needs. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. Once a record is created or received, it becomes active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be maintained in a storage system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, the methods and practices an organization uses to decide what should be stored, the amount of time it needs to retain it, and in what storage system, is critical to effectively distributing and using the records.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records only need to be kept for a few days or even hours, while others must be kept for a longer period of time for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If your organization do not require regular access to the records, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has exceeded its usefulness and is no longer required for any legal or administrative purposes, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline for future research. If you decided to permanently get rid of the records, physical documents can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
Every phase of a life cycle is connected to the others, so it's important that your organization has clearly understood policies and standards, in addition to a clear view of the responsibilities and authorizations of various people or teams.
Records Management We Offer in Creve Coeur, MO
HITS has been great records management systems for Creve Coeur, MO organizations for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Creve Coeur, MO healthcare providers get rid of the stress of retrieving records from multiple systems with our best-in-class system. We even offer monitor strip scanning so fetal heart strips will not be at risk of being lost or damaged over the 28 years you're required to keep them.
- Scanning Services — We can scan almost any type of physical document you have, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to your preferred digital format, for example Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — More and more workers and employers are realizing the benefits of a remote workforce. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the records management system you've selected in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Data Migration — Whether you're changing your records management from physical documents to electronic, from onsite databases to cloud, or just from one digital document management system to one that better suits your needs, HITS has the tools and technology to create a custom data migration plan for you that has been proven to eliminate liability and improve return on investment.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® software to sort through your documents, scan what you want retained, and shred the ones at the end of their life cycle. With our secure destruction services in Creve Coeur, MO, you can be sure that your records are destroyed in a way that aligns with industry standards without the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Benefits of Electronic Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO
Conducting a digital transformation and moving to digital record management enhances your organization in countless ways. It's more eco-friendly and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Document problems in the office waste a lot of your workers' time. One study found employees 9.3 hours per week, searching for data. With a modernized and user-friendly digital records management platform, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, large quantities of new documents won't create a hassle, and everyone who needs to view a record will be able to see the most up-to-date version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document sitting on a shelf. Not only are external threats much less of a hazard, but you'll be able to control internally who has access to what much better. We work to numerous regulatory security standards, such as:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
You will also never lose your documents to tragic circumstances like floods, fires, or theft.
Reduced Storage Space
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Shredding Services
- Document Scanning
Trust HITS for Your Records Management in Creve Coeur, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer best-in-business, budget-friendly solutions for Creve Coeur, MO organizations that want to bring their operations out of the dark ages. With HITS, you'll receive the highest level of customer care and management. For the best records management in Creve Coeur, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.