Shredding Services Chesterfield, MO
Shredding Services in Chesterfield, MO. Data destruction was probably invented shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are requisite for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or any entity that handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and their employee's data are safe. HITS's shredding services in Chesterfield, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Chesterfield, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Chesterfield, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Chesterfield, MO business save on cost and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online these days, there are still criminals rummaging through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability by hand or with special software. Hiring professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Compliance With the Law
Federal and state laws require that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're consuming space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a storage unit. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Chesterfield, MO will allow you to get more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your family.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has likely never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Utilizing shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from taking a hit if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of waste in landfills and 33% of municipal waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, limiting the quantity of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to escalate quickly. Getting rid of large heaps of paper will help protect your staff and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding is time-consuming, with the tedious chores of taking out staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder one by one. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous benefits to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your data into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-effective and secure document destruction in Chesterfield, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Chesterfield, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important aspect of protecting any Chesterfield, MO business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be disposed of fairly quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to retain specific records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or the supporting records.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to retain them. OSHA and other regulatory administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally recommended to destroy these after one year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to retain these, for instance, if there could be a dispute in the future. After they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA stipulates different time limits for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be destroyed as they not only include personal medical information, but a Chesterfield, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
Shredding Services in Chesterfield, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Chesterfield, MO, you are hiring a team devoted to discovering the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over 25 years and offer the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Chesterfield, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.