Shredding Services Kansas City, MO
Shredding Services in Kansas City, MO. Document destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was developed in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being documented, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own information and their employee's information are protected. HITS's shredding services in Kansas City, MO can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Kansas City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Kansas City, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Kansas City, MO business be more cost-efficient and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most frequent motivations people have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Guards Against Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers going through paper-filled trash bags to locate personal information such as addresses and credit card numbers. Any documents with personal information that are no longer required should be destroyed. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together manually or with particular software. Hiring professional shredding services will assure that the private information will not be at risk.
2. Conformity With the Law
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be sufficiently and securely discarded. Some of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of superfluous paper can create a disordered workplace, whether they're consuming room on a desk, in drawers, or in a closet. Disordered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million a year in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Kansas City, MO will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your spouse.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has possibly never been a bigger focus on personal information than there is today. Using shredding services for unnecessary documents will guard against liability and protect your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of municipal trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Clearing out large heaps of paper will help protect your employees and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents personally is time-consuming, with the rote tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one at a time. Hiring outsource shredding services to HITS boosts your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad benefits to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of changing your documents into secure clouds. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, check out our one of a kind STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing documents.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Kansas City, MO, HITS has you covered. Whether you need a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Kansas City, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Kansas City, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction sometimes has a negative connotation, but it is a key aspect of protecting any Kansas City, MO company and keeping it efficient. Some records can be shredded after a fairly period of time, while with others there are federal and state regulations that impel you to keep particular records for a specified number of years. The following are some of the documents businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS suggests holding onto employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that amount of time has passed they should be shredded.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is usually recommended to discard these after one year, unless you require them for your tax returns.
- Client Records: Use your judgment for how long you need to hold onto these, for example, if there may be a dispute in the future. After they are no longer required they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the documents should be destroyed right away.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time frames for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be shredded as they not only contain private medical information, but a Kansas City, MO patient's birth date, ethnicity, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Kansas City, MO include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Kansas City, MO | HITS
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Kansas City, MO, you are hiring a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for more than 25 years and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Kansas City, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.