Shredding Services Kansas City, MO
Shredding Services in Kansas City, MO. Data destruction probably originated pretty soon after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to ensure their own information and that of their employees are safe. HITS's shredding services in Kansas City, MO can ensure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Kansas City, MO, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Kansas City, MO Shredding Services
Destroying data with our shredding services can help your Kansas City, MO business save on cost and guard against liability. The following are eight of the most common motivations business have for coming to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
While so much of our information is online in this day and age, there are still lawbreakers searching through paper-filled trash cans to find personal information like addresses and credit card numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by simple office shredders can still sometimes be put back together by hand or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws dictate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be properly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you follow are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Piles of unnecessary paper can clutter your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a table, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Using HITS's shredding services in Kansas City, MO will permit you to put more important things in your office, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a bigger emphasis on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for superfluous documents will shield you from liability and protect your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is released.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of metropolitan trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, decreasing the quantity of trees that are chopped down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly piles of paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to escalate quickly. Clearing out large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workspace.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the mundane tasks of removing staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the paper in the shredder one by one. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are myriad advantages to going paperless, including a few of the aforementioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is an innovative method of transforming your data into secure clouds. As we assist you with the switch, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a medical provider, take a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing records.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Kansas City, MO, HITS is here to help. Whether you require a one-time bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
Besides shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Kansas City, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Should I Shred? | Kansas City, MO Shredding Services
Document destruction occasionally has a negative connotation, but it is an important part of protecting any Kansas City, MO business and keeping it efficient. Some records can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to retain specific records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses typically need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes in a period of three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or relevant documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no need to retain them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should keep HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is advised to shred them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically recommended to shred these after one year, unless you they are needed for tax purposes.
- Customer Documents: Use your judgment for how long you need to retain these, for example, if there might be a refund down the line. Once they are not needed anymore they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be destroyed at once.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only include private medical information, but a Kansas City, MO patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Kansas City, MO are:
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Federal Government Document Management
- Data Management
- Government Information Management
Shredding Services in Kansas City, MO | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Kansas City, MO, you are hiring a team dedicated to identifying the best data management solutions you can find. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and offer the highest level of customer care. If you need shredding services in Kansas City, MO, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.