Shredding Services Langley, VA
Shredding Services in Langley, VA. Data destruction has been around since shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being recorded, shredding services are imperative for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who handles private information. Any business also needs to make sure their own information and their employee's data are protected. HITS's shredding services in Langley, VA can guarantee that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Langley, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Langley, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Langley, VA business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. The following are eight of the most common reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Even though so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still lawbreakers rummaging through paper-filled refuse bags to find personal information such as addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are no longer needed should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with specific software. Hiring professional shredding services will make certain that the private information will never be used.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state laws stipulate that personal information like financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be correctly and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you act in accordance with are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of superfluous paper can create a cluttered workplace, whether they're consuming room on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a closet. Cluttered workspaces cost businesses $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Langley, VA will permit you to get more important things in your office, like that new computer or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has maybe never been a higher focus on personal information than there is today. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will shield you from liability and safeguard your reputation from taking damage if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper comprises 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city trash. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper is sent to be converted into recycled paper, lowering the quantity of trees that need to be cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, particularly stacks of paper, is fuel for fires and allows them to grow fast. Disposing of large stacks of paper will help protect your staff and your workplace.
7. It Saves Time
Shredding documents yourself takes time, with the mundane chores of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee feed the documents through the shredder one at a time. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS enhances your efficiency and can be more cost-effective.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are multiple benefits to going paperless, including many of the things referred to above. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your records into secure servers. As we assist you with your transition, we'll securely dispose of your paper documents. If you're a healthcare provider, take a look at our revolutionary STR8VIEW® system for cataloging and accessing data.
Whatever your reasons for needing cost-efficient and secure document destruction in Langley, VA, HITS has you covered. Whether you require a one-off volume shred or consistent shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we offer in Langley, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Langley, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents has a negative connotation with some people, but it is a key part of protecting any Langley, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some documents can be destroyed relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that obligate you to hold onto certain documents for a specified number of years. Below are some of the records businesses usually need to destroy:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your taxes between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no reason to keep your return or related records.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises keeping employee tax records for four years; following those four years, there is no need to keep them. OSHA and other overseeing administrations have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time frame has passed they should be destroyed.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is generally advised to destroy these after one year, unless you they are required for tax returns.
- Client Records: Trust your judgment for how long you need to keep these, for instance, if there might be a dispute in the future. Once they are no longer required they should be disposed of. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA lays out different time limits for how long healthcare providers should retain records. Once that time frame, they should be destroyed as they not only include confidential medical information, but a Langley, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other document and data management services we offer in Langley, VA are:
- Go Paperless
- Records Management
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
- Document Scanning
- Federal Government Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
Shredding Services in Langley, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS with your shredding services in Langley, VA, you are hiring a team committed to identifying the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and provide the highest level of customer service. If you need shredding services in Langley, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.