Shredding Services Langley, VA
Shredding Services in Langley, VA. Data destruction probably originated shortly after papyrus was invented in Egypt. Today, with so much of our personal information being archived, shredding services are necessary for hospitals, law firms, government agencies, or anybody who has access to private information. Any business also needs to verify their own data and that of their employees are protected. HITS's shredding services in Langley, VA can make sure that your documents are securely destroyed to whatever regulatory or compliance level needed. If you need shredding services in Langley, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
8 Reasons to Shred Your Documents | Langley, VA Shredding Services
Destroying documents with our shredding services can help your Langley, VA business be more cost-efficient and protect you from liability. Below are eight of the most common reasons people come to HITS for our shredding services:
1. It Protects You From Identity Theft
Despite the fact that so much of our information is online nowadays, there are still wrongdoers going through paper-filled refuse cans to find personal information like addresses and social security numbers. Any personal data that are not required anymore should be shredded. Documents shredded by basic office shredders can still occasionally be returned to readability manually or with special software. Contracting out to professional shredding services will ensure that the private information will never be put in jeopardy.
2. Legal Compliance
Federal and state regulations stipulate that personal information including financial records, medical records, pay stubs, and more be effectively and securely disposed of. A few of the laws that our shredding services will help you adhere to are:
3. It Saves Storage Space
Heaps of unnecessary paper can make a mess of your workplace, whether they're taking up space on a work surface, in filing cabinets, or in a storage area. Disordered workspaces cost companies $2.5 million annually in lost productivity. Employing HITS's shredding services in Langley, VA will allow you to fill your office with more important things, like that new monitor or a picture of your pets.
4. It Keeps Clients Happy
There has probably never been a greater focus on personal information than there is right now. Employing shredding services for unneeded documents will guard against liability and preserve your reputation from suffering if anybody's personal information is compromised.
5. Good for the Environment
Paper accounts for 25% of trash in landfills and 33% of city waste. When you use HITS's shredding services, the shredded paper will be turned into recycled paper, reducing the amount of trees that are cut down.
6. It Reduces Fire Hazards
Paper, especially stacked paper, are highly combustible and allows fires them to grow quickly. Getting rid of large stacks of paper will help protect your workers and your office.
7. It Saves Time
In-house document shredding takes time, with the dull tasks of detaching staples and paper clips and having you or an employee put the documents in the shredder individually. Outsourcing shredding services to HITS increases your efficiency and can save you money.
8. You're Going Paperless
There are numerous advantages to going paperless, including several of the previously mentioned benefits to paper shredding. HITS's patent-pending DocuMiner® application is a revolutionary method of changing your documents into secure servers. As we help you with your transition, we'll securely shred your paper documents. If you're a medical office, take a look at our innovative STR8VIEW® system for logging and accessing data.
Whatever your motivations for getting cost-effective and secure document destruction in Langley, VA, HITS is here to help. Whether you need a one-off bulk shred or ongoing shredding services, contact us online today.
In addition to shredding services, some of the other services we provide in Langley, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Paperless to Go
- Microfilm Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Document Scanning
- Document Storage Solutions
- Data Migration
- Monitoring Strip Scanning
What Documents Do I Need to Shred? | Langley, VA Shredding Services
Document destruction has a negative connotation with some people, but it is an important part of protecting any Langley, VA business and maintaining its efficiency. Some records can be disposed of relatively quickly, while with others there are federal and state regulations that require you to keep particular records for a certain period of time. Below are some of the records businesses commonly need to shred:
- Company Tax Returns: The IRS can audit and amend your return between three to seven years from the date you filed. After seven years, there is no need to hold onto your return or the supporting documentation.
- Employment Records: The IRS advises retaining employee tax records for four years; after that, there is no reason to hang onto them. OSHA and other regulatory agencies have requirements for how long you should hold onto HR records, but after that time limit has passed it is recommended to destroy them.
- Bank and Credit Card Statements: It is typically suggested to shred these after a year, unless you require them for your tax purposes.
- Client Documents: Use your discernment for how long you need to hold onto these, for instance, if there could be a refund in the future. After they are not required anymore they should be destroyed. Anytime an account is closed, the records should be disposed of immediately.
- Medical Records: HIPPA dictates different time frames for how long healthcare providers should hold onto records. Once that period is passed, they should be disposed of as they not only contain personal medical information, but a Langley, VA patient's birth date, gender, and other identifying information.
Other services we offer in Langley, VA include:
- Information Management
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
Shredding Services in Langley, VA | HITS
We named our company after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. When you trust HITS for your shredding services in Langley, VA, you are hiring a team committed to finding the best data management solutions available. We have been industry leaders in data management for over two and a half decades and offer the highest quality customer care. If you need shredding services in Langley, VA, call our headquarters today at 314-837-4000 or our D.C. office at 202-793-2400. You can also contact us online for a free quote.